The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Noble Guest

Tabbycat
Tabbycat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This quest just makes me so angry. Every time I do it I have to pay some sort of bounty.

I literally crouched hidden on top of the basket of apples and as soon as I grabbed one, I was caught. WTH?

Holiday quests should be fun. I should not dread doing them.

I submit a feedback complaint every time I do the quest. I'm sure ZOS' feedback department is tired of reading my complaints by now. lol

Anyway, I hold out hope for a greatly improved version of this quest next year. The quest idea itself is cute and I love Jorunn's dialogue. I just hate having to pay a fine every time I do it. It takes the fun right out of it.
Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
0.016%
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are always caught stealing the apples. I think some people found a spot where you can glitch-get them without being caught but it's clear the devs intended you get a bounty before having to fetch the pig, so the guards stop you and make it also for the butcher to catch you. It's not getting caught by the butcher which gives you the achievement. So I suggest you go and pay your bounty before snatching the pig, then simply run to Jorunn jester. Best done on horse. There's a topic on how to do that.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the achievement for fetching the pig, the first time I did it. I guess the quest glitched then too because I wasn't caught stealing the apple the first time either.

But still, it just zaps all the fun out of it to not be able to collect the apple without getting caught, intentional or not.
    0.016%
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't caught. Didn't try to be sneaky, either.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watch the villagers carefully there is a brief moment of time when no one is watching. I stolen the apples 3 times without being caught so it is possible.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a few where I wasn't caught... I think it was becasue during those times, all the witnesses were kinda laying around murdered by other would be applethieves...
    ...but even when caught, its no big. Just take step out the back of that place, go on a bio break, and come back to a reduced bounty, then take the long way around the outside of town to ther pigm, and by the time I crossed path with a guard the bounty was gone again...
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had a few where I wasn't caught... I think it was becasue during those times, all the witnesses were kinda laying around murdered by other would be applethieves...
    ...but even when caught, its no big. Just take step out the back of that place, go on a bio break, and come back to a reduced bounty, then take the long way around the outside of town to ther pigm, and by the time I crossed path with a guard the bounty was gone again...

Yeah, I've done that before. But there's still an opportunity cost involved (time or gold).
    0.016%
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My bosmer stamblade wearing Night Terror and Night Mother got caught. She normally can open lockboxes under ppl's noses. So now I just run up, grab the apples, find a guard, pay bounty and fetch the pig. Don't have the patience to wait for the perfect moment.
    The apples aren't stolen goods, so the guard won't take it away. Just make sure you don't have anything else on you that's stolen.
    Edited by Everstorm on March 31, 2017 3:33PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bounty is only 12 gold or so. No need to sneak at all, just walk right up to the apples and take one.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bounty is only 12 gold or so. No need to sneak at all, just walk right up to the apples and take one.

Each time I've gotten caught the bounty has been 90 to 100 gold. And I had a bounty of 0 gold previously so it is just this quest. Last time I did the quest I paid a total of 135 gold for the apple and the pig.
    0.016%
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apple bounty is always 138 gold, I usually just log to a different character for a bit while I wait for the bounty to go away.
    PC-EU
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, I'd honestly rather just buy the apple and the pig.
    0.016%