Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What works on a magblade?

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
Anybody know any good builds for mag blade right now? Is melee still Crap? Heavy or light armor? Right now Im not seeing very many magblades what's up they crap right now?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are considered weak right now, yes.
    For PvP you can go 5 spinners front bar with sharpened fire staff and 5 clever alch resto back bar.
    For PvE I think it's BSW or scathing mage, not sure.

Edit: and melee is considered even weaker than ranged, and it's light armor for PvE dps. For PvP it's a matter of preference, and I personally prefer heavy armor.
    Edited by Jitterbug on March 30, 2017 10:35PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The build for magblade right now is go magic sorc.

@NightbladeMechanics has a magnb build that's pretty good. Here you go https://youtu.be/GRWX9iG-_Ms
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burning spell weave , moondancer and Grothdar is pretty good PVE build .
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades in general are pretty weak atm, what campaign are you playing on?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WacArnold wrote: »
    Anybody know any good builds for mag blade right now? Is melee still Crap? Heavy or light armor? Right now Im not seeing very many magblades what's up they crap right now?

What works on a magblade?
    Rerolling a sorcerer in its place and being happy lol
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Sixth wrote: »
    Nightblades in general are pretty weak atm, what campaign are you playing on?

Haderus.

Lol I like all the sorc comments, I definitely see that. But I have invested so much time in this character I am determined to see this through

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Do you like group play or solo play? Don't listen to these people, they are the type that give up too easy. It is a hard class to play, but if you take the time to learn your class and theorycraft, you can beat whoever you need to beat
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    I solo
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Then why don't you try a Zerg bomber build? You'll need destro ult, the one that sticks to you. Proximity detonation, 5 piece clever alch, 5 piece viscious death, whatever monster set you'd prefer. You'll be running dual wield as your main bar for the increase in damage so 2 swords. Your rotation is something like

Buff up, pop a spell power potion for Clever alch, prep Proximity det, lotus fan into the group, pop destro ult and at the same time you're Proximity det should be going off, then spam Sap essence to stay alive and do more AoE damage.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you like group play or solo play? Don't listen to these people, they are the type that give up too easy. It is a hard class to play, but if you take the time to learn your class and theorycraft, you can beat whoever you need to beat

Its not about giving up, i love my magblades (3 now) but if anyone comes to me asking about the class i need to tell them the truth, magblades are outclassed by sorcerers in almost every aspect:

-Anti-melee tools
    -Burst
    -Shields
    -Mobility

We are ahead sorcerers in a role:
    -Bombing in pvp

That is why you see so many sorcerers in pvp and so few magicka nightblades, except in group composition.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Then why don't you try a Zerg bomber build? You'll need destro ult, the one that sticks to you. Proximity detonation, 5 piece clever alch, 5 piece viscious death, whatever monster set you'd prefer. You'll be running dual wield as your main bar for the increase in damage so 2 swords. Your rotation is something like

Buff up, pop a spell power potion for Clever alch, prep Proximity det, lotus fan into the group, pop destro ult and at the same time you're Proximity det should be going off, then spam Sap essence to stay alive and do more AoE damage.

That sounds fun I like sneaking around looking for the right time to strike and these days I see a lot of groups running around
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Like @alephthiago said, that's pretty much what Magblades excel at. You can try other things, but it'll be harder. Maybe a Saptank? I never tried it though
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Like @alephthiago said, that's pretty much what Magblades excel at. You can try other things, but it'll be harder. Maybe a Saptank? I never tried it though

I watched kenas video for the Sap tank that looked very complicated lol
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throughly enjoying my sap tank:
    PvP - 5 Rattlecage, 5 seducer, 1 kena, S&B/Resto, 5H 2L
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=11487

PvE - 5 Bahraha's Curse, 5 seducer, 2 Swarm Mother, 2 S&B, 5H/1L/1M
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=9147
    Edited by kewl on March 31, 2017 4:38AM
  • Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    PvP - 5 Rattlecage, 5 seducer, 1 kena, S&B, Resto
    PvE - 5 Bahraha's Curse, 5 seducer, 2 Swarm Mother, 2 S&B

Have you tried Troll king 2pc?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    f**k magicka characters

• kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP - 5 Rattlecage, 5 seducer, 1 kena, S&B, Resto
    PvE - 5 Bahraha's Curse, 5 seducer, 2 Swarm Mother, 2 S&B

Have you tried Troll king 2pc?

Alt PvP is 2 Troll King or 2 Malubeth, 5 Seducer, 3 Willpower, 2 Torug's Pact. Still run this on occasion.
    Edited by kewl on March 31, 2017 4:28AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP - 5 Rattlecage, 5 seducer, 1 kena, S&B/Resto, 5H 2L
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=11487

PvE - 5 Bahraha's Curse, 5 seducer, 2 Swarm Mother, 2 S&B, 5H/1L/1M
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=9147

I think 5 piece Rattlecage is a waste of a 5 piece for a sap tank...
    Edited by Domander on March 31, 2017 12:12PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not about giving up, i love my magblades (3 now) but if anyone comes to me asking about the class i need to tell them the truth, magblades are outclassed by sorcerers in almost every aspect:

-Anti-melee tools
    -Burst
    -Shields
    -Mobility

We are ahead sorcerers in a role:
    -Bombing in pvp

That is why you see so many sorcerers in pvp and so few magicka nightblades, except in group composition.

Stop complain about the sorcerer, everything is better than magblade. The only thing they do better is escaping/mobility with shadow Image, Cripple and cloak.

The burst of magblade is very strong too, but the hardest to make in the game.

Magblade need buff !
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love my ranged siphoner. I back bar resto wyrd tree so cloak works again and the front bar destro varies between bahraha, mothers sorrow, and transmutation. Monster is troll king.
    Then I spam weave swallow soul and try to get an arrow proc paired with impale.
    I use mutagen in stead of ward so all my healing is passive and it allows me to stay on the offensive.

Its not the strongest thing in the game, but its the coolest by far :-P