The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tank Build for vdsa+Dungeons (Stam Dk) Viable for Morrowind?

HouLiGaN
HouLiGaN
✭✭✭
Hey guys,
So this Is my Tanking Build for 4Man Content that I use!
I've been Using this from Shadows of the Hist. And probably will still be viable even in Morrowind, since It`s really good for managing resources also.
The Build`s Gear setup is running on 5Tava, 5 Dragon, and 2 BS. With this high ulti regen. we can basically be able to sustain ourselves even If ZOS decides to reduce cost reduction etc since Dk Has a passive Battle Roar that gives back resources when we use a Ulti.

This Is my Video for the Build I made. Where I show skills/traits for Min/maxing the stats/alternitive traits/Enchantments/Cps...Basicly everything.
If You are a Player Looking for a good tanking build for dungeons&vdsa I have tested this Build out In every situation.
But this Build, Is not Viable, for vet trials.Meaning YES you can use it for Vet Trial`s(I have), BUT atm I have better Build`s for vet Trials and do not use this one.
https://youtu.be/6rtdjx0wxqc

So Guys what do you think, Will It Still be viable In Morrowind If Cost Reduction gets nerfed?

And Yes I do believe DK will Be MasterRace In Morrowind :D !

EDIT: Note, Sorry about the video being a bit long, I went through quite a few "Basics" For potential new players to tanking.
Edited by HouLiGaN on March 29, 2017 1:40PM
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed you're not using Tri stat enchants on all your gear. So someone who go tristat enchants will probably end up with lower Stamina than what you're wearing, but higher Magicka.

A few tricks you can do, you can wear the blue "Mammoth band of the dragon" for 820 Stamina, at the cost of health obv, and you can drop Dragon weapons on the Front bar and still get cost reductionson Warhorn that's already on your back bar. You can have Magicka regen weapon on front bar for example, or Agility set, for 1450 Stamina.

One benefit I find of this is that both ultimates have about the same cost, so when my front bar ultimate lights up I count to 3 and my warhorn is ready.

Even though I have one less healty ring and I don't get the 4th health bonus on dragon I only come out 1k less health than you because of tri stat enchants(and Imperial I guess). But I have 2-3k more magicka and Stamina.
    Edited by doggie on March 30, 2017 7:56AM
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    I noticed you're not using Tri-stat enchants on all your gear. So someone who goes tristat enchants will probably end up with lower Stamina than what you're wearing, but higher Magicka.

A few tricks you can do, you can wear the blue "Mammoth band of the dragon" for 820 Stamina, at the cost of health obv, and you can drop Dragon weapons on the Front bar and still get cost reductionson Warhorn that's already on your back bar. You can have Magicka regen weapon on front bar for example, or Agility set, for 1450 Stamina.

One benefit I find of this is that both ultimates have about the same cost, so when my front bar ultimate lights up I count to 3 and my warhorn is ready.

Even though I have one less healty ring and I don't get the 4th health bonus on dragon I only come out 1k less health than you because of tri stat enchants(and Imperial I guess). But I have 2-3k more magicka and Stamina.

Yeah man, I am not a major fan of tri-stat enchants, even if I lose 2k Magicka, I prefer to control my health and stay more.
    But if You pay attention In the video 90% of my glyphs are purple ones, since I don't raid with this gear, I could get some more stats from them If I was to gold them, but as I said, its what I use for Dungeons and vdsa, so I don't feel the need atm to gold them.

About dropping the 2nd S&B, I could Use master sword On main(have 2 Powered& Defending), and The Dragon Shield, this way I gain an extra 1k health also, But then again, I prefer to have a steady max health and to be able to use my 2nd ulti of choice for this case Magma shell at a 15% Discount, since that 1k Health, Isn't going to do much, In dungeons/vdsa.

Your Comment Is much appreciated, don't get me wrong. And what you suggest Is still viable. But, I do not think, I would benefit from the changes. If I was a fan of tristat enchant, I would have gone with that also, and about the mammoth band If I was to gold enchants/gear and then swap one health armor to stamina we would have the same stats.

P.S The reason why I don't go tristat Is simple. I Like to Have 5-6 Gold enchantments In the bank, and In a new situation that I haven't tested, If I am testing new *gear, I will change one of My enchants.If I My gear Isn't adding, up.
    But I have NEVER felt to need more then 14k Max mana. In Any Situation. And I am even talking about HM Trial Bosses.
    Edited by HouLiGaN on March 30, 2017 12:07PM
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    Tava+Dragon+BS was my first Dungeon gear, and I managed to get it in just afew days after getting to 160, just 1 helmet to farm actualy, since I had almost 100 keys, since I didn't get the 5m enlightenment since I already had a Vr6 char from 2014.

After getting a bit fed up with running Elude on every boss to gain Ultimate, I decided to try out Werewolf hide+ Dragon+BS.
    I have Werewolf on jewlery(robust) and 2 medium armor pieces.

What's funny with that build is that you have 24k health, but 37k Stamina in group, with Warhorn that becomes 41k, and Every armor buff you spam you get 2k stamina back and 1500 from every Synergi.

Ultimate generation is about 4.8 ultimate/Second while when I run Tava I have about 5.2 ultimate per second, you can generate more ulti with tava by dodging though. At the end of the day with werewolf I have my horn up every 45 second while with Tava it's every 40 second.

But with werewolf I have almost full stamina all the time. Werewolff might be more usefull in Morrowinf if tanks can't afford Elude anymore with Tava.
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    Tava+Dragon+BS was my first Dungeon gear, and I managed to get it in just afew days after getting to 160, just 1 helmet to farm actualy, since I had almost 100 keys, since I didn't get the 5m enlightenment since I already had a Vr6 char from 2014.

After getting a bit fed up with running Elude on every boss to gain Ultimate, I decided to try out Werewolf hide+ Dragon+BS.
    I have Werewolf on jewlery(robust) and 2 medium armor pieces.

What's funny with that build is that you have 24k health, but 37k Stamina in group, with Warhorn that becomes 41k, and Every armor buff you spam you get 2k stamina back and 1500 from every Synergi.

Ultimate generation is about 4.8 ultimate/Second while when I run Tava I have about 5.2 ultimate per second, you can generate more ulti with tava by dodging though. At the end of the day with werewolf I have my horn up every 45 second while with Tava it's every 40 second.

But with werewolf I have almost full stamina all the time. Werewolff might be more usefull in Morrowinf if tanks can't afford Elude anymore with Tava.

Yeah man! That maybe the way to go.