The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP heavy armor/sword and shield Nightblade help

DocFrost72
DocFrost72
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Weird, a nightblade bosmer that isn't ganking. Huh.

I'm theory crafting a PvP build that is more in your face, cause I'm tired of dying the second I get exposed from stealth. I'd take any suggestions, tips, and tricks you got!

5 heavy, 2 medium, all impen

5 hundings (body) for damage component, admittedly eyeing Automaton instead (would just replace in cap with smiting and KB with executioner).

5 Fasalla's (increased tankiness through health and healing taken, enemy healing nerf) with 2 body, 3 accessories.

Sword and shield of any set I can get my hands on with stamina regen. Greatsword of any variety (maelstrom if it ever drops for me in defending/sharpened).

Skills for Shield: surprise attack, aspect of terror, low slash ,ambush, Resolving vigor, spell wall.

Two hand: siphoning strikes, executioner, power extraction/relentless focus, mirage, rally, incapacitating strike/DBoS.

CP the usual, mighty and pen+healing recieved etc for damage.

Any thoughts? Hints? Builds? I tried for a while to find one, I couldn't find anything (always a bad sign, I know lol).
Edited by DocFrost72 on March 29, 2017 7:53PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running 5x Seventh Legion, 3x Agility and 2x Selene with a Maelstrom Maul and Leki S&B, 5-1-1 setup all Impenetrable.

S&B:
    Cloak, Ambush, Surprise Attack, Reverb Bash and Resolving Vigor. Ulti: Incap

2h:
    Relentless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, Mass Hysteria, Shuffle, Rally. Ulti: DB of Smiting

In your face build :p while still having plenty of tricks from the NB repertoire.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you run siphoning attacks morph.

Make sure to run the instant fear morph and not the traps.

Your sets are alright. They are viable. But throwing in a monster set will go a long way. Maybe even spriggan over hunting season. Run 5 spriggan on jewelry and sword and board bar with guile 5pc body. By moving your heavy set away from jewelry your able to use stam jewelery instead 8ncreasing your damage. Even if you can't get spring and, trying to get an easy set for jewelry so that you can get that extra stam would be great. Maybe marksman, viper is easy grind etc.

I personally am not a fan of running Heroic slice and SA. Pick one. I get it. You want ult gen, but you have pretty darn good ult gen with nb, especially if you run bloodspawn, that you can do without the ult gen and free up an extra space. I personally love dark cloak. That 8% mitigation does wonders. Combined with the 15% debuff from fear and it is solid choice.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I'm currently running 5x Seventh Legion, 3x Agility and 2x Selene with a Maelstrom Maul and Leki S&B, 5-1-1 setup all Impenetrable.

S&B:

2h:
    Relentless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, Mass Hysteria, Shuffle, Rally. Ulti: DB of Smiting

In your face build :p while still having plenty of tricks from the NB repertoire.

I was looking at 7th legion instead of fasalla's, but not sure how that will affect enemy survivability. More damage is fun, but cutting heals is Lawls-tastic! Thanks for the insight!
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

Your sets are alright. They are viable. But throwing in a monster set will go a long way. Maybe even spriggan over hunting season. Run 5 spriggan on jewelry and sword and board bar with guile 5pc body. By moving your heavy set away from jewelry your able to use stam jewelery instead 8ncreasing your damage. Even if you can't get spring and, trying to get an easy set for jewelry so that you can get that extra stam would be great. Maybe marksman, viper is easy grind etc.

I personally am not a fan of running Heroic slice and SA. Pick one. I get it. You want ult gen, but you have pretty darn good ult gen with nb, especially if you run bloodspawn, that you can do without the ult gen and free up an extra space. I personally love dark cloak. That 8% mitigation does wonders. Combined with the 15% debuff from fear and it is solid choice.

Low slash for the snare, truthfully. Don't want them running from me, and Idk if fear snares on cooldown. Plus, minor maim from it. That said, 5k less armor with SA and shadow passives are waaaaa too good. It is such a hard choice xD

Might try spriggans than, over hundings (cause you're right, helps dps to have stam necklaces). I knew to take the instant fear, just didn't remember the name. Got me thinking about using different monster helms, too...

Thank you!
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Tryxus wrote: »

S&B:

2h:

I was looking at 7th legion instead of fasalla's, but not sure how that will affect enemy survivability. More damage is fun, but cutting heals is Lawls-tastic! Thanks for the insight!

Low slash for the snare, truthfully. Don't want them running from me, and Idk if fear snares on cooldown. Plus, minor maim from it. That said, 5k less armor with SA and shadow passives are waaaaa too good. It is such a hard choice xD

Might try spriggans than, over hundings (cause you're right, helps dps to have stam necklaces). I knew to take the instant fear, just didn't remember the name. Got me thinking about using different monster helms, too...

Thank you!

true, but fear also gives minor maim and snare. Plus you have gap closer to control them running away. Also, look at cost of slash. If you do end up trying to decide between slash and SA notice the cost difference.

oh, and i would suggest theif mundus when going heavy.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robust jewelry is irrelevant with stamina having max Stam + Stam recovery food.

I'd probably run hundings over spriggans or automaton on a heavy armor NB as neither of the latter sets 5pc effects your healing. Since that's already a weakness for NB you want to make sure you're not losing out on as much extra healing as possible.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

I'd probably run hundings over spriggans or automaton on a heavy armor NB as neither of the latter sets 5pc effects your healing. Since that's already a weakness for NB you want to make sure you're not losing out on as much extra healing as possible.

outside of the crit, spriggans is comparable to hundings in raw heals. The difference is minimal. Remember you lose some weapon damage with spriggans, but you gain almost that back with the extra stam you get. (100 weappong damage = roughly 1000 max stam ish). Plus with hundings you have to run guile jewlery in which you lose 3k plus stam from rings. When that is factored in the raw heals of spriggans is better, plus spriggans does more raw DPS.

Where you can say heals are better is with the improved crit chance. But as a NB you can offset the lose of crit from passives and then add theif mundus. Can get yoru crit to 40% easy which is fine for pvp. That number can also be increased by adding in crit on potions to get 50% plus.

PLus you can increase heals in CP and get increased heals from wearing heavy.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually considered bone pirate for the stam/regen (with Camoran throne), though not sure how that would work with HA. I've heard it has little sustain issues, should you watch them a bit more carefully. Thanks for the response!

outside of the crit, spriggans is comparable to hundings in raw heals. The difference is minimal. Remember you lose some weapon damage with spriggans, but you gain almost that back with the extra stam you get. (100 weappong damage = roughly 1000 max stam ish). Plus with hundings you have to run guile jewlery in which you lose 3k plus stam from rings. When that is factored in the raw heals of spriggans is better, plus spriggans does more raw DPS.

Where you can say heals are better is with the improved crit chance. But as a NB you can offset the lose of crit from passives and then add theif mundus. Can get yoru crit to 40% easy which is fine for pvp. That number can also be increased by adding in crit on potions to get 50% plus.

Thief, understood. What do you think about running a siphoning skill instead if low slash, for the healing done bonus? Now I have too many options! May try spriggans, and switch to automaton in the worst case (same pieces would be easy to farm).
    Edited by DocFrost72 on March 30, 2017 4:53AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

I actually considered bone pirate for the stam/regen (with Camoran throne), though not sure how that would work with HA. I've heard it has little sustain issues, should you watch them a bit more carefully. Thanks for the response!

Thief, understood. What do you think about running a siphoning skill instead if low slash, for the healing done bonus? Now I have too many options! May try spriggans, and switch to automaton in the worst case (same pieces would be easy to farm).

i personally would not do it. The extra healing is not worth giving up a skill slot. The star that 8ncreases crit damage also increases crit healing. So putting points into that star goes toward damage and heals. If your running siphoning attacks on your heal bar you will get some heals from that. You can also dump a few points into healing effectiveness if you feel you need it. That star scales nice and it doesn't take much to get to say 8%. Then you can dump rest into damage. I will typically run 100 in crit damage and 100 in physical damage. But I would never put less than 73 points into each of those stars at a minimum. Imo.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go hundings (heavy) and spriggans. Best of both worlds. Spriggans 5 pc is worthless against shield so having hundings helps. Against non shielded targets spriggans is awesome.

Another setup to try is 5 hundings (heavy) 5 bone pirate.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a build floating around the forums called The Regenerator.

It's pretty salty stuff 5 Ogrim scales 5 Viper 2 Troll King

Orgrim and Troll King provide rankings and a constant source of un-debuffan
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What about Veiled heritance + twin sisters + monster; DW (axes)?
    Edited by Xvorg on March 30, 2017 10:58PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go hundings (heavy) and spriggans. Best of both worlds. Spriggans 5 pc is worthless against shield so having hundings helps. Against non shielded targets spriggans is awesome.

Another setup to try is 5 hundings (heavy) 5 bone pirate.

For sure. I just got the feeling ok wanted to use guile as a set is all.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    There is a build floating around the forums called The Regenerator.

It's pretty salty stuff 5 Ogrim scales 5 Viper 2 Troll King

Orgrim and Troll King provide rankings and a constant source of un-debuffan

Ya been wanting to run that setup for dw/bow build. Will be nice to drop 2h for a little while. Just have been lazy waiting for next update. And love vamp, so haven't wanted to drop it yet just for one build.