Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Master writs

jgshankles
Okay so what am I doing wrong. I know pretty much all the motifs and I'm master crafter in all things yet I cannot get a master write to save my life and if I do its alchemy so its like two.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're still not a very high chance even with all the bonuses to get them.

Sadly you just need to keep at it and hope the RNG system comes up yes on them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I try to log in every day and do all of the writs for my one crafting character. I've not tracked it, but it seems like I get a writ every 3 or 4 days doing this (including a couple very low-reward writs like what you mention).
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain, the RNG for writs is pretty poor.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get more mw writs on lower levels but the vouchers are also much less. I would like to see the chances go up a tad. Not so fast as to not have anything to look forward to but no so low I am disappointed when they give me none.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeps people logging in every day, ZoS is about them numbers for them and no numbers for you.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read the below in this mornings XBox patch notes which may allude to the problem. It would be nice to know some details of how far off they were.

"Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended."
    link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330527/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-7-1-0#latest

Not sure which platform you are on OP but I will be interested to see if this will be in tonights PS4 patch notes and see if I notice a difference.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can feel your pain, on my master crafter (9 traits, knows all styles) the average received vouchers from write over the last 4 weeks since release is 4-5 vouchers per day. I really hope last nights patch will change these numbers because this feels like a bad deal for crafters ...
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weird I am having no problem... and I only have bows at 9 traits... and really not that many motifs a bunch of the cheaper ones but not the $$ ones.

I have actually had to sell most of my writs on because I can't make them yet.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The early numbers indicated that the chance of a master writ is about 2%. So...if you did six a day on that character you still only have an 11.5% chance of getting a writ. I think the odds are a little higher than that when I'm doing them, butmtheyre designed to come in slow.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel for you!

I've had some writs (though nowhere near as much as some), but I've been on the wrong end of the RNG stick on many occasions. The problem is the brutal implementation of RNG - someone will lose out, someone will do very well, most will do OK, but that doesn't help if you are the one losin gout.

And it doesn't help when someone starts complaining "I used to get X a week, now I only get Y" and you're thinking "But I haven't even had one yet!".

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I read the below in this mornings XBox patch notes which may allude to the problem. It would be nice to know some details of how far off they were.

"Fixed an issue that prevented Sealed Provisioning Writs from being awarded as often as intended."
    link: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/330527/xbox-one-patch-notes-v1-7-1-0#latest

Not sure which platform you are on OP but I will be interested to see if this will be in tonights PS4 patch notes and see if I notice a difference.

They allegedly fixed that issue on the PC a while ago.

Provisioning writs still drop VERY rarely.

On the other hand, I have a decent flow of enchanting and alchemy writs, and I just got a blacksmithing writ on a zero-trait crafter.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably just RNG, but I have been getting less writs among my 10 characters since the "fix". I also don't see much of a drop difference with my main who knows all traits and most motifs and those who know none.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want a fraking cooking fire in my house. The game is moving past the level of grind I *can* do much less want to. What's the level where the grind is just too stupid to bother with? Where did the fun go?

I see people talking about doing six writs a day on eight characters. Where's the attraction of that? What am I missing here?

Edited by Appleblade on March 26, 2017 7:06PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably just RNG, but I have been getting less writs among my 10 characters since the "fix". I also don't see much of a drop difference with my main who knows all traits and most motifs and those who know none.

I haven't noticed an increase in drops or an increase in their value since the PS4 patch. It would be great to see what the change did - maybe increased from a 2% chance to a 2.2% chance, or something trivial like that.

I can still say that my main 9 trait crafter is not getting rewarded for the time and effort put into research, motif and recipe learning. While getting about the same number of writs as most of my other characters, his highest writ return is only 13 vouchers and his total voucher count is pretty ordinary.
    Edited by disintegr8 on March 26, 2017 8:52PM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your crafter knows all traits, all motifs and has all achievements the drop rate is still only about 15% for master writs. It beats the hell out of the ~5% chance for mediocre crafters (most traits, some motifs, etc) but not by much.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reached 100 master writs yesterday on my 35th day (exactly 5 weeks) since Homestead dropped.

Below is the breakdown of who got what. My main crafter is on the left, then going down from left to right in experience and motif/recipe knowledge. The last character has only recently got the skill points to start doing high level daily writs.

My 9 trait crafter has moved ahead on MW's received since last weeks patch but only caught up on vouchers on my 100th writ with a 91 voucher reward. So up until then his rewards were not really much greater than most of my other crafters.

A0Me6DV.jpg
  • DarkSereph
    DarkSereph
    Soul Shriven
    I have noticed that my character's with almost nothing researched (skills are at 50 with points) almost no motif's known and very little research are getting more Master Writs and higher voucher numbers than my Master Crafter that has almost all of the Motif's and is 9 trait. there is something very wrong with the system to determine what the number of vouchers is for each one. I have seen Master writs that are 9 trait, akaviri, nirnhoned, legendary that is 42 vouchers and Nights Silence legendary bosmer that was 97 vouchers. there is no logic or anything that makes sense about how the Mater Writs are generated. The System is essentially broken the complete RNG about causes problems.

I do agree with the fact that they should not drop all the time, but what Writs are generated and what they are worth should be based more on the difficulty to make, the value of the items/traits used. the chance of getting the better writs should be directly correlating to how much has been learned by the crafter.