The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How good is Stamina Nightblade these days?

Jjitsuboy98
Jjitsuboy98
✭✭✭✭
Almost have my guy leveled up to 50 with the xp bonus. I have never played a nightblade although I remember through history they were one of best PVP specs. I was thinking of running 5 heavy Black Rose, 2 Selenes, and 3 Agility. 2H/Bow. Im sure thats not the best but I mainly do open world PVP and duels.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Relatively inferior, but you can still perform well if you're talented enough. They primarily shine at ganking.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost have my guy leveled up to 50 with the xp bonus. I have never played a nightblade although I remember through history they were one of best PVP specs. I was thinking of running 5 heavy Black Rose, 2 Selenes, and 3 Agility. 2H/Bow. Im sure thats not the best but I mainly do open world PVP and duels.

Ganking wise still the best.
    Solo wise still pretty good (but after the nerfs not the best anymore)
    Small scale wise very much top tier
    Raid group wise plain garbage
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relatively inferior, but you can still perform well if you're talented enough. Tey primarily shime at gank.

So are they not the best solo stamina class? I figured I woukd have way more mobility and sustain than my Stam Dk. I dont wanna waste my time and money though.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Relatively inferior, but you can still perform well if you're talented enough. Tey primarily shime at gank.

So are they not the best solo stamina class? I figured I woukd have way more mobility and sustain than my Stam Dk. I dont wanna waste my time and money though.

Best solo stam class is the stamplar currently. Best solo magicka class is the magsorc.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

Best solo stam class is the stamplar currently. Best solo magicka class is the magsorc.[/quote]

Yeah magicka sorcs are a pain. I just dont like playing on them. My sorc is speced for stamina currently so I may just try something with him since Nightblades are not as good as they used to be. I dont csre about ganking really just want more mobility and burst than a Magicka/Stamina DK. I have dueled against stamplars and have noticed they are pretty tough. My templar is only level 10 atm though.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great at ganking, outshined by everyone else at everything else
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Chair
    Chair
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade is still really strong atm exceptionally so not as much after homestead but still strong.
    100% Not Miruku I swear
    Stamblade Rank 50 (No AP flipping involved)
    DK Rank 35( Retired)
    Grand Overlord Flawless Conqueror Dro-M'athra Destroyer
    Princess Guar Of Guar Squad OP
    DD for The Phoenix Reborn
    Former Zerg Squad/Banana Squad

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    Agreed

Great if you wanna gank and take cheapshots at people, good. If you wanna do actual combat with ppl either solo or in a group, they are shite.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    With the heavy gear being so op stamblades have taken a back seat since they shine with medoum armour
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

So why, that doesnt tell me much? You guys read that I have never played the class before. You cant presume I know what you imply.

On paper they seem powerful. Cheap bursty ultimate. Best gap closer. Highly spammable dps skill. Best CC. Great mobility with expedition and that skill that lets you teleport back to a shade. And im sure cloak is still situational with so many counters.

The only thing that my stam dk on paper would seem to do better is maybe have a little more defense and heal better because of igneous.

What specifically am i missing ?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So why, that doesnt tell me much? You guys read that I have never played the class before. You cant presume I know what you imply.

On paper they seem powerful. Cheap bursty ultimate. Best gap closer. Highly spammable dps skill. Best CC. Great mobility with expedition and that skill that lets you teleport back to a shade. And im sure cloak is still situational with so many counters.

The only thing that my stam dk on paper would seem to do better is maybe have a little more defense and heal better because of igneous.

You're missing arguable the most important part in the current meta: the fact that NB have to wear medium armor to sustain, unlike DKs, Sorcs or Templars that have skills that return stamina (Igneous/Battle Roar, Dark Deal and Repentance). So they are wearing paper armor in order to be able to sustain. Siphoning Attack is good, but requires you to be on the offensive, which is something you can't always do. Usually, you need resources when you're on the defensive.
    Not only that, but their healing is also absolutely terrible as they don't have any source of Major Mending (DK's Igneous Shield and Templar's Ritual or Rune) or a class heal (Sorcs with Critical Surge and Dark Deal) on top of the usual Vigor and Rally.
    The lack of healing and resistances make it so that you can barely take any hits. Mobility is good, but you can't avoid all damage and once you take a Frag or a Dizzy Swing you're almost in execute range.
    Edited by Izaki on March 27, 2017 12:33PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

You're missing arguable the most important part in the current meta: the fact that NB have to wear medium armor to sustain, unlike DKs, Sorcs or Templars that have skills that return stamina (Igneous/Battle Roar, Dark Deal and Repentance). So they are wearing paper armor in order to be able to sustain. Siphoning Attack is good, but requires you to be on the offensive, which is something you can't always do. Usually, you need resources when you're on the defensive.
    Not only that, but their healing is also absolutely terrible as they don't have any source of Major Mending (DK's Igneous Shield and Templar's Ritual or Rune) or a class heal (Sorcs with Critical Surge and Dark Deal) on top of the usual Vigor and Rally.
    The lack of healing and resistances make it so that you can barely take any hits. Mobility is good, but you can't avoid all damage and once you take a Frag or a Dizzy Swing you're almost in execute range.

Gotcha, but i was gonna run black rose with the new jesters drink plus im a wood elf. Wouldnt that take care of sustain? As far as healing goes would troll king help?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gotcha, but i was gonna run black rose with the new jesters drink plus im a wood elf. Wouldnt that take care of sustain? As far as healing goes would troll king help?

Problem is that in heavy you'd still have bad sustain... You'd have the survivability, but like I said you don't have a skill that converts magicka into stamina on demand. You have some nice regen passives though. Which is why medium armor is just so fitting on the NB, but its also NB's biggest problem. Troll King could work for sure, but the more people you have on you, the more useless it will become. Black Rose is a pretty trash set IMHO... I never liked it, there are far better options, like Ravager or something that actually gives you damage. You could make a heavy armor stamblade work for sure, but its not easy at all.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes the stam sustain would be fine but a stam sorc/ stamplar with the same setup is better. As they don't need Trollking and can use another cancer set.
    And as a stamnb you still need magicka for your main defence and your cc and the regen with Br alone isn't enough to sustain it
    Edited by BohnT on March 27, 2017 12:50PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your better off race changing to redguard you have better sustain and max stam then with a woodelf.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main toon is a StamBlade. I'm pretty much a forever scrub, so I'll likely never see more than 20k DPS on the dummy. Actually I'm using everything I got to get that. Best thing StamBlade has going for it are the class abilities IMO.

Surprise attack, killers blade, mirage, power extraction, ambush. They majorly lack healing, but Vigor hits very strong and is much easier to get now than it used to be.

I recently started using S/B with class abilities for DD. StamSorc can't do that. StamDK might compare better, but no class execute. It gives me a lot more survival that squishblade really lacks.

MagSorc which I also have is stupid easy to get high damage. WoE, LL, trap, FP, and heavy lightning attack....in not much particular order will easily give way more DPS on the dummy. Hardened ward is ridiculous strong. Crit Surge heals like mad oh and it just so happens to grant major brutality. All that stuff might not be so great in Cyrodil, but in large PvE mob fights it's beast.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good. Obviously the "how good" part scales with the player.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • BoxFoxx
    BoxFoxx
    ✭✭✭
    Medium armor stamblades are lacking adequate dmg at the moment. The one thing they have going for them seems to be taken away with all the super beefy players in Cyrodiil at the moment. Stamblades skills need to do oblivion damage or something in order to compete it would seem.
    Edited by BoxFoxx on March 28, 2017 11:57PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor NB is great. I fought it for awhile and denied it. Thinking it would be crap. I tried it and it sucked. Then I built around it and altered my play style slightly. Now it's great. It doesn't have resource issues at all. I have 2190 Stam regeneration and siphoning strikes. I add in more heavy attacks and I have little issue with sustain. NB does not need medium armor to be successful. In fact, my heavy armor setup hits just as hard as my medium armor setup (excluding ganking). Medium armor is actually really squishy and since NB lacks heals it's even squishier. Roll dodge is great until you fight somone using AoE (looking at you templars most used attack). In heavy I can also still run shuffle like a medium armor build does.

So in closing, my heavy armor build: hits hard, better heals, more mitigation, no resource issues, and has access to shuffle. At the moment zero negatives.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!