Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka NB PVP help

havingacow
havingacow
✭✭✭
Hey, I'm making a new character. He's a Dark Elf NB, and I'm making him a magicka.

I plan on using him in PVP for Azura's Star, so no CP. any recommendations on armour?

I already have burning spell weave jewelry and two gear pieces (not Helm or shoulders, open for monster helm suggestions). I'm also a 9 trait crafter, so I can craft any armour set. I also have spinner's full set, a full julianos set, and a full Sun set, I have Grothdarr, Kena, Troll King, and Iceheart (1 piece maybe?) for monster helms.
I'm not opposed to farming, but if I can use a combination I already have that'd be ideal.

Should I not use Burning Spell Weave? If so, what sets should I run to be effective. I plan on being a distance fighter, not up and close. I also on running 7 piece light, since I don't have undaunted mettle on this character yet.

Any and all help will be helpful as I've never made a straight magicka dps.
Toons:
fugly elf - AD Templar AR 32
fugly's brother - EP Nightblade AR 23
moist aphrodisiacs - EP Templar AR 13
t h i c c - DC Nightblade AR 13
Sir Velyn Harbor - AD Nightblade AR 22
it's pronounced zed - DC Sorcerer AR 17
Nothing is True Everything is Permitted
  • NinjaMyk
    NinjaMyk
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few choices for magblade although we are probably the hardest class to play in pvp right now. First thing if you want to run light you only need 5 pieces I would advise 2pc heavy for the health and resist benefits even without undaunted. In light you will need to use the dampen magic morph of annulment as a defence and as such anything that increases max magicka is great. Necropotence set is very good with magblade as the shade procs it's 5 piece. The pirate skeleton monster helm is also amazing for magblade as its damage reduction works on shields. Combine this with 5 necro (jewels 1 body and destro) and 5 alchemist (4 body piece and resto) and you have a nice set up. Transmutation is another nice set if you don't stack max mag to get the best out of shield as swallow soul and refreshing path proc it and it really helps with defence.

Other sets I have used are elegance which is nice for double max mag for shields and you can use mag light to empower a inferno staff heavy from stealth as an opener. Julianos is fine to begin with as a magblades passives make the most of crit and Stygian can be used in conjunction with alchemist to Gank using heavys
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would do 5x transmutation back bar with jewelry and 1 light armor, 5x juliano dps bar, 1x kena 1k chokotorn, for mag regen. 5x heavy 2x light. You will have 1700 mag regen and 2.2k soell dmg unbuffered. Its a nice balanced build. Also be a stage 4 vamp.
    Edited by CavalryPK on March 29, 2017 5:20PM
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I would do 5x transition back bar with jewelry and 1 light armor, 5x juliano dps bar, 1x kena 1k chokotorn, for mag regen. 5x heavy 2x light. You will have 1700 mag regen and 2.2k soell dmg unbuffered. Its a nice balanced build. Also be a stage 4 vamp.

This is an excellent build, it'll be a bit less burst but insanely tough.

Been playin against this non meta PvP mNB Snottyblack xbox NA. He's got a dope build. He def runs healing ward and annulment (morph version im gonna assume absorb magicka one) fire staff (assuming dark elf)

With swallow soul i personally would run TK for the great regen.

I like mNBs, they actually can be quite good.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would advise not running troll king if you are a vampire.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

You know, it would seem that way. However, from all I've heard TK + undeath is actually insanely good. Despite the health regen debuff.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

You know, it would seem that way. However, from all I've heard TK + undeath is actually insanely good. Despite the health regen debuff.

Ive been told that as well. Admittedly, im going off of trusted hearsay but have yet to test it myself in game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I heard on forums I know to no longer be true:

Wyrd Tree does NOT purge the defile from pirate skele
    Purge (from alliance skill line) does NOT purge the defile from pirate skele (did not test morphs)

So, it maybe that Templars can purge the defile from skele. But definitely those do Not work :(
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back bar Wyrd tree.

Thank me later ;)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Back bar Wyrd tree.

Thank me later ;)

But it doesn't work on Skele! :( sure it's a great poison counter but it doesn't pair with skele.

@Jitterbug
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds