The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add Intricate Glyphs to speed up Enchanting progression

SirIronclad
SirIronclad
✭✭✭
Enchanting seems to take the longest time by far to level up by far compared to all other crafting disciplines. That's why I would like to see the addition of Intricate Glyphs to the game, so as to put Enchanting in line with other professions.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    Also enchanting is sooo fast to level now! Ask a friend to craft you around 205 blue CP150 glyphs, decon and you are done. If you wanna level it just on an alt, you can even craft them youself and transfer them via the bank.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took me awhile but part of the reason is I wasn't deconning the ones from the writs in the begining because I was new and didn't know I was supposed to.

I did a lot of looting glyphs and deconning them and the mages guild daily gives you one.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I want speed glyphs :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait for that year and a half research times
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple really. Make Glyphs on one character, and decon them on another. You level both Alts in Enchanting in about an hour, assuming you can buy or have the Aspects.

The game already provides the ability to make Intricate Glyphs, something you can't do with gear in fact. Use better aspects to make your Glyphs.

Green up to L15, Blue up to L30/35 and Purple up to about L45/48. At that point learn all the unknown Runes, and then finish off any leveling you need with some more purples. Enchanting is done.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have enchanting on two characters working on a third so it's not that much of a pain
  • SirIronclad
    SirIronclad
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The game already provides the ability to make Intricate Glyphs

What do you mean by that?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The game already provides the ability to make Intricate Glyphs

What do you mean by that?

Green, Blue and Purple Glyphs give out tons more inspiration, both making and deconning, than White Glyphs. In other words, like I said, use better Aspects.

• SirIronclad
    SirIronclad
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Yeah, but there aren't any actual Intricate Glyphs, right?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to split hairs on the descriptions, you can say that there are no so called Intricate Glyphs.

However, since Improved Glyphs can offer 2 to 6 times or more Inspiration for making and deconning they function the same as Intricate Gear in that respect. Except you can't make Intricate gear anyway, so enchanting is unique.

So, what are you more concerned about? The description or the function? There is no need to add "Intricate" glyphs to the game, as the function of the increased inspiration, which is what you really want, is already built in.

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, all you need to do is get a bunch of denata and jehade runes and then whatever the cheapest essence rune at the time is and then tip an enchanter to craft you a ton of them. Bunch of inspiration for under 50g/glyph.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, you need to decon only nine cp160 purple glyphs for the last level from 49 to 50. That is easier than intricate gear at last level. We don't need intricate glyphs. Really, if you decon white glyphs at over 40 you can barely see the progress. But decon those best glyphs and you stride through the levels. They are not called intricates but what does it matter if they are even better?

If you want to level up enchanting completely independently, make two enchanters. Farm or buy runes. First crafts glyphs and second decons and then vice versa. Move gradually to high level potencies and aspects. This is way, way faster than deconning white trash on single enchanter.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    ...you need to decon only nine cp160 purple glyphs for the last level from 49 to 50...

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight :D

I was wondering what forcing that last level on my crafting alt would cost. Thanks!