The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your Favourite Skills, Visually

Darkstorne
Darkstorne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
There's a lot of discussion about which skills are the most efficient, and rightfully so, but which skills are your favourites for making you feel/look like a badass? Let's show some love for the skills with the most impressive animations, visual feedback, and sense of awe.

Personally, I've always been a big fan of Destructive Touch in the Destro Staff tree. Especially the fire variant whipping up a spinning wheel of flame, and for the knock back making it look like it packs a bigger punch. Overload's heavy attack is also pretty hard to beat for how it makes you feel >:)
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon leap...always forever. I remember my first pvp experience; some dude leaped up into a keep and wrecking blowed everyone off..the sound of it as well is beastly.
    The Flyers
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload is up there, also always liked the dk's lava whip.

Nova for the templar used to be awesome but I guess they changed it. The old version had rocks and debris floating around the "sun".

Also really like the siphoning ultimate for nightblades, the little jump into the air and blast everything around you animation looks pretty boss.

For non class abilities, I really like the fighters guild crossbow, though I hardly ever use it. I miss the old inner light morph for mages that gave you glowing blue eyes and hands.
    Necrotic orb and it's morphs are pretty cool looking too, reminds me of diablo arcane orb wizards.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and the new warden skills are looking pretty cool from what we've seen so far.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite looking skills:

Dragon Leap - Undeniably my favorite skill to use. It's a shame it's an ultimate. I would love it to be a gap closer if the CC was removed.

Soul Tether - Looks beautiful to me. Very ballet-like.

Fiery Breath - On an Argonian I look like a fire breathing dragon.

Power of the Light - Something about lighting up an enemy (literally) is awesome.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best looking is easily dragon leap, I made a DK just so I could use it.

Templars javelin is pretty cool, also like nightblades impale.

I main a sorc though, I don't really find any of there abilities truly great to look at, especially the pets. I even use the pets as part of my build but I wish I could put a skin on them
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    War horn
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Piercing Javelin. I've always thought is was a shame that "spear and shield" wasn't an option in-game, so this skill is super cool!
    PC/EU DC
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a sorc though, I don't really find any of there abilities truly great to look at, especially the pets. I even use the pets as part of my build but I wish I could put a skin on them

Really? I think my Sorc looks AMAZING with Lightning Form active. Bolt Escape matches that aesthetic really well too :smile: I agree about the pets though. They look fairly mundane except for the Storm Atronach ult, and that one is temporary.

Oooo, I forgot to mention the passive ability that comes from the Morkuldin crafted set before as well. With every light and heavy attack it has a chance to summon a magic sword that floats by your side and attacks enemies on its own. Looks so awesome I had to PM the guy I first saw using it to ask which skill it was. I love the rarer abilities like that, since you don't see them everywhere they feel more special.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Dragon leap...always forever. I remember my first pvp experience; some dude leaped up into a keep and wrecking blowed everyone off..the sound of it as well is beastly.

Mi first kill in PvP was with Dragon Leap. It was a bow build. I sniped the guy, then I jumped when he came with crit rush.

Other skills I like visualy are tele strike, and whip
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Also really like the siphoning ultimate for nightblades, the little jump into the air and blast everything around you animation looks pretty boss.

Matrix xD
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lightning form looks awesome!

Also DK's fiery breath and standard are nice.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cleave. Nothing more satisfying than watching that greatsword swing across your body at the enemies in front of you!
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veil of Blades
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power lash (the followup to flame lash on an off-balance target)
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Tether, unmatched imo.

All nightblade and dragonknight skills look awesome.
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think visually, the animations for the soul harvest ultimate is awesome. In terms of spell animations however I prefer the drop of the storm atronach. That initial stun just looks awesome to me.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor, soul tether, dragon leap and ballista
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon leap.

I have to say that DKs have the best looking skills in the game imho, from the basic fire claw, to fire breath and even chains is awesome to see. Too bad flappy wings has that short animation.

Then there's Templar's javelin that looks so savage, not to mention Focused Charge.

I also really love the jumping spin from Soul Harvest animation, if only it could occur every single effing time.

Almost 2 years in this game and I have yet to understand how to trigger it properly. If there's any way at all, I mean.

I just realized how all of this is useless beacause of animation cancelling.
    Edited by Didaco on March 29, 2017 8:25AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar skills look really cool imo. Allthat shiny holy magic power...BoL - raising the health from my allies from near 0 to full with just an elegant twirl of my hand; healing ulti - teh power of my prayer...also did I mention shiny? Rune for moar shiny-ness. Repentance - shiny for free :p

DK leap is op too. As is whip imo, and dat sound with it x_x
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the charges really, the moving forward with speed is awesome and most look pretty solid as hits when they connect.

Also it's always fun to ping-pong yourself around when the LoS is messed up a little on stairs.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green dragon blood for the cool heart effect
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK wings or leap looks awesome :)
    EU PC
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scales and leap . I have wings ! Other than those , Deep Breath explosion looks very nice .
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breath of life, saved countless lives.
    Pc na
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love using equilibrium and watching people scream "What move is that, I've never seen it!"

:trollface:
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing beats the D-leap.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dragon Leap and Whip

Soul Tether and Mirage (that red bubble looks so cool)

Frags and Storm Atro

Meteor
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn up the sound and try not to crack a smile.

https://youtu.be/WfWz8ByMdFM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Streak looks pretty bada**
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof