The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

del

Sheyta
Sheyta
✭✭✭
del

Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:45PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes . Tanks are needed .

There are lots of easy content in the game we call ''pledges'' . Most of them don't require a tank . If you are going for end-game PvE , you won't care about those anyways . End-game PvE is all about trials and leaderboards and tanks are very very important there .

On another topic , when you say ''100% tank'' , it is not exactly what you think . You will be wearing sets that supports group damage and boosting their survivability . You'll have just enough tankiness and rest of what you do will be supporting group . So , tanking in ESO is more like a support role that holds aggro as well . This I said is only for end-game PvE . Rest is cakewalk . Pledges , world bosses etc. They are a complete joke . As a main tank player , what you are looking for is end-game PvE and rest of the game won't be much fun . Pledges feel like a chore , questing is very slow as tank and yea , you get my point .
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    del
    Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:46PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso-skills.com has a skill calculator you can use to see the different abilities and their morphs.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tamriel Foundry has lots of written guides on tanking builds . Here you go : http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/dragonknight-class/
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »
    A old Daoc main tank warrior need some advice to make a eso DK Tank?

In daoc I was main tank in raids /trials dungeons (trials of atlantis) among other.

Is a 'real' 100% tanking DK any much of value in eso?

https://woeler.eu/
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Edegas
    Edegas
    Sheyta wrote: »
    A old Daoc main tank warrior need some advice to make a eso DK Tank?

In daoc I was main tank in raids /trials dungeons (trials of atlantis) among other.

Is a 'real' 100% tanking DK any much of value in eso?

Welcome to the RNG country. Send me a tell in game via mail or you can even add me to friends (@edegas obviously), ill help you with some golds and perhaps some gear to give you a kick start.

Im an old DaoC player too (2001-2016)

Cheers.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For raids, a dk tank is the way.

For all other content, make something that can also do some damage. A straight up tank is overkill in dungeons to be honest.
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DD - we need more tanks!

Many people posting on the forums are end-game players with well-developed, very powerful characters. But there are numerous newer, less experienced players out there who are learning to play, and who still find normal dungeons daunting. You'll be appreciated. :)
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • malicia
    malicia
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DD - we need more tanks!

Many people posting on the forums are end-game players with well-developed, very powerful characters. But there are numerous newer, less experienced players out there who are learning to play, and who still find normal dungeons daunting. You'll be appreciated. :)
    PC, EU
    Not elite, not the best. Just enjoying ESO.
    Not the worst either. "Casual" != "totally ignorant"
    @taciti
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    Edegas wrote: »

Welcome to the RNG country. Send me a tell in game via mail or you can even add me to friends (@edegas obviously), ill help you with some golds and perhaps some gear to give you a kick start.

Im an old DaoC player too (2001-2016)

Cheers.

Oh my .. did not know there were any of us old DAoC vets left! That said, I really left that game when the expansions went nuts and the enjoyable bits were never updated. The old grind around the trees I will not miss :)

ESO is ... not too bad. Best of the current lot but, OP, you'll find the mechanics are very different as roles are not so defined. In much of the content, your squishy mages can tank and your armour plated tanks can heal perfectly well. I used ot be a dedicated healer (friar) but those roles are more blurred here.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    For raids, a dk tank is the way.

For all other content, make something that can also do some damage. A straight up tank is overkill in dungeons to be honest.

Well, if you spec into a supporting tank you'll probably give your group more DPS than doing some DPS yourself. Debuffs, warhorns and such...
    EU PC