The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "The ESO: Morrowind Travel Series"

ZOS_KaiSchober
c3433a194503730ba8c524f59d4d8f64.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article The ESO: Morrowind Travel Series. Like to get a sneak peek at some of the sites you'll experience in The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind? Starting with the township of Seyda Neen, we're posting a video clip featuring one of Vvardenfell's most iconic locations every few days throughout the rest of March. Be sure to keep an eye out for future updates, and don't forget you can discover all of these classic locales from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for yourself when ESO: Morrowind launches on June 6!

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! More videos soon?
    Edited by Cinbri on March 16, 2017 5:20PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

I hope this doesn't sound too critical, but I think it took me longer to get through the Age Gate than watch the video.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.

I hope this doesn't sound too critical, but I think it took me longer to get through the Age Gate than watch the video.

Agreed. I think it was too short, too. I don't expect a 2 minute long video, but 6 seconds showing a town doesn't sound like a 'Travel series'. Slower shots and a montage of about 20 seconds (showing the town itself) is about what I'd expect.
  • Absalon
    Absalon
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, that was fast...lol
    CP 810 (PC-NA)
    Harnak - Magplar Healer (PVE)
    Gavin - Magsorc DPS (PVE)
    Manthys - Magplar DPS (PVP)
    Adrya - Stamblade DPS (PVP)
    Targesh - Stamplar DPS (PVP)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cynaes wrote: »
    Hmm.

Agreed. I think it was too short, too. I don't expect a 2 minute long video, but 6 seconds showing a town doesn't sound like a 'Travel series'. Slower shots and a montage of about 20 seconds (showing the town itself) is about what I'd expect.
    We saw Hlaalu styled armor, saw very small city, saw outskirts. So, i would say it is perfect tease of zone that heating our desire to explore it but at same time doesn't spoiled too much of zone to not ruin exploration feeling.
    P.S.: tease of one of the pucblic dung on next travel please (Maelkashishi ;) )
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More interested in the song.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Gotta agree here. Screenshots would have been about the same speed of delivery and would have loaded faster. (Admittedly, then we miss out on the background music...) It's nice, but I feel like I was promised a nice dinner, then got kicked out after the waitress brought breadsticks.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Majeure
    Majeure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, but what's with the completely absurd video resolution? Also, that was pretty damn short.. too short.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was rubbish.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majeure wrote: »
    Cool, but what's with the completely absurd video resolution? Also, that was pretty damn short.. too short.

It's designed for Facebook news feed.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Lumi
    Lumi
    ✭✭✭
    Love the music. <3
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oie_METfS5NgVOAu_zps65f625a5.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 12, 2019 6:56AM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need direct link to it / it on youtube
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on March 12, 2019 6:56AM
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    For new eso gamers who only bought the Morrowind preorder and seeing 'tiny' video above...
    Well they also need to see of eso/tamriel/nirn since 'someone' decided the pre order's core eso code is also locked until 6/6.

Personally I'm surprised to see a pre-order for new players/content actually locking new players out of the existing game part...
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For new eso gamers who only bought the Morrowind preorder and seeing 'tiny' video above...
    Well they also need to see of eso/tamriel/nirn since 'someone' decided the pre order's core eso code is also locked until 6/6.

Personally I'm surprised to see a pre-order for new players/content actually locking new players out of the existing game part...

Yeah. I am very happy for the upcoming Morrowind. But kinda embarrassed about the debacle of making players with the base game wait. I can understand why they would assume that they could have accessed the base game content as soon as they purchased.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37411/kw/June 6
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I could figure out how to grab the link from Twitter I would, but I can't so...they posted another (equally short) video on Twitter for Vivec City.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    Yeah. I am very happy for the upcoming Morrowind. But kinda embarrassed about the debacle of making players with the base game wait. I can understand why they would assume that they could have accessed the base game content as soon as they purchased.

My guess is that future Chapters will be handled better. Yeah, someone at Bethesda should have foreseen that people might want to play Tamriel Unlimited while waiting for Morrowind, but they didn't. Now, they know and can handle it better next time.

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it weird that they do not make a new page when they introduce more to the series.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on March 23, 2017 8:23PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for stealth updates. Best to save them up, anyway. Makes better use of the time. :smile:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coolio_Wolfus
    Everywhere it's very clearly written as well as stated that those all inclusive bundles are for "new players" for a June release date. That's why it's labeled as Pre-order.

for $59 any new player could buy the game and most dlc and later pre-order the upgrade
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay for stealth updates. Best to save them up, anyway. Makes better use of the time. :smile:

Funny thing, I remember on Eso live that there was supposed to be two more this week but I could never find a post about it on the forums. Then I pop on a mmo site that post about the two videos and they were like check it on the main site. I was like where. I have checked all of the news on the site. Then I press the link on the post and it lead me back to the original post. Call me surprised.
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭

@Coolio_Wolfus
    Everywhere it's very clearly written as well as stated that those all inclusive bundles are for "new players" for a June release date. That's why it's labeled as Pre-order.

for $59 any new player could buy the game and most dlc and later pre-order the upgrade

@NewBlacksmurf Yes but that was not in the material provided both on-site and to game retailers, so some people bought on faith thinking they could play ESO whilst waiting.

Also why did ZOS bother adding the base game to the Morrowind collectors edition, if new players needed to go out and buy it to play in advance anyway?

Anyway I was surprised that the ESO code for the base game was included with the perk pack, rather than activating the base game and adding itself as a pre-order perk pack code to the account history, the same way it's added as a pre-order upgrade for existing players.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coolio_Wolfus

@NewBlacksmurf Yes but that was not in the material provided both on-site and to game retailers, so some people bought on faith thinking they could play ESO whilst waiting.

Also why did ZOS bother adding the base game to the Morrowind collectors edition, if new players needed to go out and buy it to play in advance anyway?

Anyway I was surprised that the ESO code for the base game was included with the perk pack, rather than activating the base game and adding itself as a pre-order perk pack code to the account history, the same way it's added as a pre-order upgrade for existing players.

@Coolio_Wolfus

It's been absolutely clear regarding the base game having a June release if you purchased the bundle. The only people who thought the could buy a pre-order of the upcoming Morrowind game and start playing ESO are those who either didn't read or who decided to use forums and uninformed internet articles.

Myself and many others have made many comments on different sites to try and eliminate false rumors but ppl just want something to be something it's not.

No where does it say pre order Morrowind and play ESO today.....no site that sales these bundles has ever listed it that way.

ESO offered the base game in the bundle for NEW players and the existing players are offered upgrade bundles. No idea why anyone is confused.

The only thing that was unclear was regarding the extras included in the digital bundles vs physical but the game itself.....if people just read and accept what's listed....it's clear

Regarding you being surprised......

That's based on what you want not what they've ever suggested or listed.

And honestly, that doesn't make any sense at all....please go read the support/FAQ page
    The game on PC is always a digital code and on consoles it's either a disk only for the base game or digital a bit different from Pc.

Morrowind is digital for everyone

Sorry if I'm coming off too aggressive but this type of stuff requires stronger responses as people continue to make up ideas based on some other company's offering vs just reading what's listed.

All authorized retailers clearly list the bundles and upgrades as June releases. None of them offer a play now and upgrade later option which is why ZOS' own articles mention the gold edition for an option and to upgrade via pre-order
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 26, 2017 4:25AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balmora looks good
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on March 28, 2017 10:14PM