The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spriggan's Thorns or Night Mother's Gaze

Bobby_V_Rockit
Bobby_V_Rockit
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm running a Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer running 5x Vicious Ophidian, 2x Velidreth and either Spriggan's Thorns or Night Mother's Gaze.

I'm trying to gear up for an attempt at the veteran Maelstrom Arena (currently on stage 2) and wondered which of the two provides higher DPS/survivabillity.

Spriggans has been good to me for a while but lacks in crit chance bonus, nmg gets me to a solid 75% crit unbuffed (85% with weapon crit pots). I got bored and wanted to try something different. So, what is the best setup for vMA of the two choices? Also, is the crusher enchantment redundant on a NMG dagger due to the 5pc bonus?

I already have both sets fully golded out and ready to go.

Best Answers

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I currently run 5 VO/5 NM/Velidreth and I feel the extra crit helps quite a bit with survivability. You're going to want crit surge to be very reliable when learning the arena, this set up with 6medium/1 heavy leaves me with about 17k health, which is a little on the low side for vMA.

I run crusher and weapon damage enchantments on my weapons and I don't think you're over-penetrating by using crusher since sorcs don't have access to major fracture. Crusher isn't ideal for groups though because often times tanks run crusher and they don't stack so if you wanted you could run poison enchantment instead if you'd like.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Answer ✓
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you´ve sharpened Spriggan daggers NMG is better. If using NMG you should use 2 sharp daggers + 3 body.

A "perfect"setup would be 5 spriggan (body) + 5 VO (2 sharp daggers+3 jewels) and velidreth
    Edited by Qbiken on March 27, 2017 3:40PM
    Answer ✓
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Unless you´ve sharpened Spriggan daggers NMG is better. If using NMG you should use 2 sharp daggers + 3 body.

A "perfect"setup would be 5 spriggan (body) + 5 VO (2 sharp daggers+3 jewels) and velidreth

I do have sharpened spriggan daggers (and an axe and a sword). Pretty much run 3 gold VO jewellery with chest and boots, and 2x sharp daggers (either NMG or Spriggan) and 3x divines body pieces of the same.

Just cant determine if the DPS loss is worth the extra survivability changing from Spriggan to NMG.