Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

BSW necklace drop chance

appry
appry
Soul Shriven
So i 've been farming this thing for more than 40 runs now. Does it even exist? I've seen every other item that can be found in City of Ash I. Is it specifically rare?
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not the most rare bsw item ... more rare than rings ... ive gotten about 4 rings ( 2 blue, 2 purple ) and 2 necks but less rare than swords .... out of the entire time ive been farming .... i have NOT seen a sword drop and i run CoA1n solo at least 3 times a week and about 4 runs each time
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only seen 1 myself, surely the flame staff is uber rare?
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Only seen 1 myself, surely the flame staff is uber rare?

Yup, agreed. BSW sharpened inferno staff is still the hardest to farm. BSW necklace isn't really that hard to farm.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're likely to get plenty of necks before you get the sharpened weapons you're looking for. I didn't track all my drops but I'm fairly certain I got more than 10 while farming for that inferno...
  • appry
    appry
    Soul Shriven
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    You're likely to get plenty of necks before you get the sharpened weapons you're looking for. I didn't track all my drops but I'm fairly certain I got more than 10 while farming for that inferno...

I'm pretty sure i saw at least 2 sharpened weapons...
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    Find any divines breaches? Been trying for them since christmas
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BreacaT yes, ive farmed divines everything of BsW ... takes a little bit of time... but they do exist
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

But at least weapons you can swap to normal and get the dungeon done way faster. Lol
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    appry wrote: »
    So i 've been farming this thing for more than 40 runs now. Does it even exist? I've seen every other item that can be found in City of Ash I. Is it specifically rare?

It's significantly rarer than rings simply cause there's no unique neck. It's only gonna drop off the last boss or in chests which makes it a pain to farm on top of weaps.
  • bunnydaisuki
    bunnydaisuki
    ✭✭✭
    BreacaT wrote: »
    Find any divines breaches? Been trying for them since christmas

I had issues trying to farm this as well, took me quite a lot of runs to get divines breaches.
    Please don't feed the goat, kthxbai.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying for this as well and all I've found was the unique ring and some body pieces. Good luck
    Edited by budrow on March 25, 2017 4:10PM
    l PaleAle l
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the neck in my 3rd run lol was my first piece; then got destro flame staff with training, 1h sword with the ulti regen trait and purple bsw ring (All within about 7-8 hours of farming)