Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Areas like Hollow City with containers, that are not stealing

Aesha
Aesha
✭✭
Ok.. so I know a few places like this, but am interesting in any others people might know.
I don't mind going stealing, but I often max out my turn-ins on stolen items per day.. so..

NOTE: I am NOT looking for responses about Imperial City.

We all know...
Coldharbor -> Hollow City
A few spots for those who haven't finished the quest.. a whole city to pillage for those who have.

Daggerfall
The manor right next to the wayshrine. The door is locked behind a quest. Just pickup the quest (iirc this one starts with the dog trying to get your attention), but DON'T complete it or you will get locked out and wont be able to come back later.

Shornhelm
The manor and townhouse in upper Shornhelm. If you have completed the quest in this area, you wont have any baddies to deal with. There aren't many anyway. The center manor and townhouse have lots of containers to pillage. Other buildings are all empty, don't bother. Completing this areas quest does NOT lock you out, do feel free.

Daggerfall
Related.. down at the docs on the left.. the little boat that will take you to another area.. the provisioning containers in this spot are "no steal". I mention this one, because there are multiple FLOUR containers here.. and we all know how much flour the provisioning "furniture" items cost to craft :wink:

(WHY THIS IS RELATED TO CRAFTING) I am trying to come up with spots like this in different zones, since the furniture bp/ds/dg/etc style drops are affected by zone.

Does anyone know of other nice spots with a decent amount of cabinet/cupboard/wardrobes/nightstands that are NOT tagged as stealing?
Edited by Aesha on March 24, 2017 2:04AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be asking too much ... as players might not want to give up their furniture grinding spots. ;)

Most (if not all) private entrances in the Imperial City districts have lootable containers that don't count towards theft. That includes the crafting stations and treasure vaults. The drawback is just getting there ... and having the willpower to stay alert for enemy players.
  • Aesha
    Aesha
    ✭✭
    Grinding spots? Really? The containers are INSTANCED.. my looting them affects you.. and others.. not at all.

Thanks for the info on IC tho.. If I felt it would give "Imperial" furniture designs. Unfortunately we already know Imperial is locked into the crown store.

Sooo.. not personally effective for my goal of "trying to come up with spots like this in different zones, since the furniture bp/ds/dg/etc style drops are affected by zone."
    Edited by Aesha on March 24, 2017 1:18AM
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This might be asking too much ... as players might not want to give up their furniture grinding spots. ;)

Most (if not all) private entrances in the Imperial City districts have lootable containers that don't count towards theft. That includes the crafting stations and treasure vaults. The drawback is just getting there ... and having the willpower to stay alert for enemy players.

Yep, Imperial City is the best place for looting like the OP is describing IMO. The chest and portal spawns are awesome there too.
  • Aesha
    Aesha
    ✭✭
    You are still MISSING this GOAL of my original OP!

Trying to come up with spots like this in different zones, since the furniture bp/ds/dg/etc style drops are affected by zone.

Since Imperial is ONLY on the Crown store.. I see no reason to goto IC when I am trying to find places with a higher chance towards a specific racial style.

Or are you telling me that you are drowning in furniture design drops there in IC?

Feels more like bait to get my PVE arse in there for a whoopin.

Please.. only answers to my original question please. No more responses about IC.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dune in Reapers March...once you end the daedra invasion the enemies go away but the containers never become owned.

This might be the same with other areas where you free then from invasion.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Temple of Ire in Orsinium.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aesha wrote: »

Trying to come up with spots like this in different zones, since the furniture bp/ds/dg/etc style drops are affected by zone.

Since Imperial is ONLY on the Crown store.. I see no reason to goto IC when I am trying to find places with a higher chance towards a specific racial style.

Or are you telling me that you are drowning in furniture design drops there in IC?

Feels more like bait to get my PVE arse in there for a whoopin.

Please.. only answers to my original question please. No more responses about IC.

Yes @Aesha I personally get more furniture designs in IC than anywhere else and in all styles and rarities. It seems like every 1/3 backpacks drops one, and I've also had several purple paintings drop from chests. If you are worried about getting steamrolled by PvP'ers just roll a magblade and cloak around raiding packs/chests. No biggie.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Feel free to re-read the other part of my post ... players are generally not going to feel inclined to give out their grinding spots for furniture. Period.

It's not really a matter of instancing. It's a small amount of pride ... and being able to carry on without being distracted by a "flour zerg".

Though stealing is not all that difficult with the right build and/or skill points invested in the Thieves Guild line.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 24, 2017 5:26AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vile Manse is a decent-sized house. Plus if you go into the cellar, there are a bunch more food containers right there, before you encounter any enemies.

Maelstrom Arena also starts off with a house, although I don't recall finding much good stuff there.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on March 24, 2017 7:37AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not instanced and has enemies but public dungeon in Rivenspire has tons of crates, sacks and what nots to steal from and the enemies are easy as hell. As far as stealing, night mothers embrace and nights silence. My Khajiit nb can damn near stand next to someone and not be seen
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of other nice spots with a decent amount of cabinet/cupboard/wardrobes/nightstands that are NOT tagged as stealing?

While they do not have "cabinet/cupboard/wardrobes/nightstands" All of the craglorn trial starting areas have plenty of lootables. The zone is instanced and you can enter them solo. Rotate between the three. You can add MoL if you like as well.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The middens in Elden Root.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Upperside of shornhelm in rivenspire. There is 3 big buildings/manors with lots of containers.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭

Eyevea.
  • Aesha
    Aesha
    ✭✭
    Some good answers.. thanks peeps :)