The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is anyone else getting this error?

Annalyse
Annalyse
✭✭✭✭✭
Since homestead, I get errors at least once a day when I try to deposit things to the bank or destroy items. Reloading the UI fixes it, but I have been trying to pinpoint the cause. It seems related to Master Merchant, however so many other people run MM without this issue that I'm thinking it must be a conflict with one of my other addons? Here is the error I get - has anyone else had this or have any ideas on what might be causing it?

UI.jpg

• Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I get this often with the latest LUI update. It now shows deposits and traits, etc.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damianos wrote: »
    Yep, I get this often with the latest LUI update. It now shows deposits and traits, etc.

I'm not sure what LUI is so I assume that is an addon I don't have?
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know what addons you do or do not have, but you can check it by going to your addon folder or look at your addon list. To be 100% certain you can also turn off all of your addons and pull from your guild bank with only one addon on at a time to verify which is causing you the error.

Keep in mind it could also be that certain addon designers could share a code, so it is not always restricted to a specific addon, but those like it or that have the same code line in it.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what addons I have, I just don't know what LUI is.

I have tried disabling addons but it is hard to tell since it happens so randomly. I did notice that it didn't happen when I had MM disabled which led me to believe it was something to do with MM, but I can't figure out what. It's difficult to test since it only happens now and again and not every time I try to deposit things.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    It also happens when you pull things out of your guild bank (if you have a personal one or one you can pull and deposit from). It isn't from MM (for me at least though I can't say if it has a similar code) because I don't have MM. LUI is an interface mod (FTC -LUI - AUI - DarkUI, etc). If you have a customized UI it could be causing the error.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only UI addon I have currently is Azurah - Interface Enhanced. I think it happened once when I had that disabled but I will try testing it out again tomorrow because I can't remember.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using bugcatcher so I couldn't tell you if I get this error or not.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting this error and it's a real pita when you need to use a potion mid-fight in vMoL!

I don't believe it is caused by any particular add-on as I have tried adding/removing all sorts of combinations of add-ons. A reloadui resolves it every time, albeit temporarily.
    Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daedalusAI wrote: »
    I'm using bugcatcher so I couldn't tell you if I get this error or not.

I use No, Thank You to keep errors from bothering me but regardless, you will know if you are getting this error. It stops you from being able to deposit items to the bank, destroy items, and open/use items in your inventory. I searched out the error message last time just so that I could see what it said and take a screenshot because I kept having instances where I'd be suddenly unable to loot a writ container or deposit something into the bank without reloading the UI.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BreacaT wrote: »
    I've been getting this error and it's a real pita when you need to use a potion mid-fight in vMoL!

I don't believe it is caused by any particular add-on as I have tried adding/removing all sorts of combinations of add-ons. A reloadui resolves it every time, albeit temporarily.

Do you have any UI customizing mods? I'm thinking Damianos might be right on this one. This is day two for me having Azurah - Interface Enhanced disabled and so far no errors.
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭
    Any add-on that touches the inventory interface in anyway can cause this error, being it actually modifying the look of the interface, adding right click menu options, or even just modifying something that displays it. The error is due to ZOS locking down the API more and a lot of add-ons were coded in some sloppy ways that's not conflicting with that. Sadly, it'll likely take a long time before this problem is resolved. Though if you do run into it, try to remember what you had done previously before getting the error. Even something you did hours prior without reloading the UI or changing characters can trigger it.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounomi wrote: »
    Any add-on that touches the inventory interface in anyway can cause this error, being it actually modifying the look of the interface, adding right click menu options, or even just modifying something that displays it. The error is due to ZOS locking down the API more and a lot of add-ons were coded in some sloppy ways that's not conflicting with that. Sadly, it'll likely take a long time before this problem is resolved. Though if you do run into it, try to remember what you had done previously before getting the error. Even something you did hours prior without reloading the UI or changing characters can trigger it.

Considering that it happened on all of my characters that I use only for writs, there were the same series of actions every day. Log in, pick up writs, craft items, travel to Belkarth and turn in. Nothing goes wrong until this point, and then it varies. Sometimes after turn in a character would be unable to open a writ box. But most often, after travelling back to a house I would attempt to deposit the reward materials into the bank and that's when things went wrong (I'd get the error upon attempting to deposit). That said, it didn't always happen on every character but every character performed that same set of actions.... so I have no idea if there is a specific trigger.

I'm not sure what you mean by any addon that modifies the inventory interface - I used Advanced Filters which seems like it should be in that category, and it causes no problems for me.

It definitely was Azurah - Interface Enhanced for me. The problem has gone away completely now. However, now I'm back to going crazy because the quest tracker is where I want my mini map (I used Azurah to move it lower). I tried using new quest tracker addons but none of them let me choose what quests to track and I don't want garbage like Cadwell's Gold tracked all the time.
    Edited by Annalyse on March 25, 2017 5:06PM