The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Vampire on a StamDK?

SneaK
SneaK
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay... I've been debating this for little bit now. I guess before I decide to level the skill line I'm interested to see if others have tried this out..

Logic behind this is for Mist and Undeath. I currently play Sw/B and 2H, with a flex spot on my back bar. I'm thinking Mist would go well there..

Am I crazy, anyone use Mist form on a StamDK?
"IMO"
Aldmeri Dominion
Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
(+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to be open minded, but... yep you crazy.
    1. You need your magicka for Igneous Shield.
    2. The biggest advantage of Mist is an escape, as a Stam build you've got shuffle and roll to get away.
    3. We're in a mDK meta, so fire damage all over the place. You'd be taking 25% increased damage from 50% of Cyrodiil (once you factor in Fire staves).
    4. Mist costs so much Magicka, you'd only get 2 casts and be OOM.

Hope dis help.
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the stam regen is nice, the undeath is nice but as a stam player you have roll dodge, and usually expedition from bow, but since you use 2h as your back bar you have to rely on shuffle and block.

I guess you could use crit charge to get out of zergs too.

As above that extra flame dmg from magic classes is gonna hurt. Mist form is going to run you out of magic real quick too.

You have a stam cc with reverb bash so you dont need drain.

I tbink the passives are not good enough to outweigh the negatives
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to be open minded, but... yep you crazy.
    1. You need your magicka for Igneous Shield.
    2. The biggest advantage of Mist is an escape, as a Stam build you've got shuffle and roll to get away.
    3. We're in a mDK meta, so fire damage all over the place. You'd be taking 25% increased damage from 50% of Cyrodiil (once you factor in Fire staves).
    4. Mist costs so much Magicka, you'd only get 2 casts and be OOM.

Hope dis help.

Helps a ton. I think I could manage the magicka issues with pots and BR. But, the 25% more dmg just talked me off the ledge. Staying WW.
    yodased wrote: »
    Well the stam regen is nice, the undeath is nice but as a stam player you have roll dodge, and usually expedition from bow, but since you use 2h as your back bar you have to rely on shuffle and block.

I guess you could use crit charge to get out of zergs too.

As above that extra flame dmg from magic classes is gonna hurt. Mist form is going to run you out of magic real quick too.

You have a stam cc with reverb bash so you dont need drain.

I tbink the passives are not good enough to outweigh the negatives

You're right. I have always played a 2H/Bow setup until just recently so the dodge roll speed is actually what I'm missing. I'll just have to get used to it. I'm not having any trouble tbh, was just curious if I would like Vamp/Mist on it. But you guys brought up the points I was overlooking.

Preciate cha's.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah that's true, nice Magicka gains from BR. But yeah, that fire damage though. I keep meaning to drop vamp on my Stam NB...
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All depends on how well you survive sub 50% health.

I tried it and my survivability went way up, but I generally sustain very well and have a ton of healing. The damage reduction versus everything non Mag DK went up significantly.

Versus Magicka DK, took a lot of initial damage but as soon as your health drops below 50% it evens out fairly quickly. Sub 25% I found Undeath(33% mitigation scaling with health below 50%) more than canceled out the 25% increased fire damage.

Didn't even bother using mist.

Biggest gains:
    Significantly faster movement in stealth.
    Significantly increased survival below 50%, and against execute mechanics.

Nominal gains:
    Increased recovery
    Quicker entrance into stealth at night

Biggest negative:
    Increased fire damage from 100% down to 30 or 40% or so.
    Your character is now super ugly and you want a helm to cover your face.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think DK Vampire fire abilities would be suiciding lol . Don't mind me I ate too much festival Pie I think ...
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, 2 of the best Stam DKs on my server both are vampire and both use mist form, also both play SnB/2h
    Options