Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Adventure leveling and crafting leveling

mystfit
mystfit
✭✭✭
I tend to like to level my adventure and crafting at the same time but I can't keep up. I'm leveling adventure wise so fast trying to get mats for the crafting side.....that I'm way off. Any advice on if I should let that obsession go and just level crafting as I can?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't be able to match them. Not one bit. Crafting is based on a set amount of time. It takes many about a year or more to research all 9 traits on all items to become a Master Crafter. And that means a lot of Skill points into Crafting to research 3 items at a time in each area. If you are an ESO Plus subscriber you get a reduced research time but you still must put Skill points into unlocking the research slots.

Enjoy the game and keep up with your research. There are several addons that will help with research time such as AI Research Grid (that is "A" and "Eye" Research Grid).

Good luck!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For enchanting, armour and weapons, just pick up everything you find and deconstruct it. The higher level the item the more it will level you characters craft lines. Provisioning and alchemy simply require a grind session at the station when you have recipes and ingredients.

You need skill points to put into crafting, which will also assist in levelling the crafts, so maybe focus on your character level first as this will provide you with them.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Aesha
    Aesha
    ✭✭
    Yeah.. what they said. Dont bother to try and keep them in sync.. its just not going to happen.

Some are much harder to level than others (ahem.. enchanting).

Plus.. I found that I needed to deliberately NOT level my provisioning too fast, or I would miss out on recipes, that I could not get later if I leveled past them (unless I wanted to buy them with gold.. which turned very expensive on me). I finally reset my skills just to get my provisioning back down on my crafter, so I could farm recipes.

As mentioned about.. for the gear/enchant crafting skill lines.. level up research skills as often as you can. Keep research flowing.. and decon decon decon.