Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What is this skill/ability

byrness
byrness
Hey everyone when ever I'm in pvp I keep seeing this attack where three green rolling balls come out and when they hit you they do poison or disease damage. I think it's a nightblade thing but not sure. Sorry I don't have more info
  • KranderH
    KranderH
    ✭✭
    It's a 2-piece gear set called Velidreth and is obtained from the final boss in the dungeon Cradle of shadows on veteran difficulty.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's the poo ball helm. It's a stam set. Does a heck of a lot of damage too. Each ball hits for like 14k, and if someone is right in front of you they can get all three.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except you can only be hit by one of those balls per proc per person.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • byrness
    byrness
    Thanks a lot
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got the answer you're looking for, but I wanted to just drop in to let you know the the shoulder piece of Velidreth comes from the undaunted chests. It drops in Urgalarg's chest (the DLC pledge-giver).

If you're looking to get the perfect (divines) pieces, it's usually better to try for the shoulder piece first. The head piece is a guaranteed drop (but not a guaranteed trait), but the chest could drop a variety of different should pieces. So if your five primary pieces are medium (chest/legs/waist/hands/feet), then you need your head & shoulder to be light and heavy. Ideally your head piece is heavy because it gives better resistances than a light head. But, if that heavy divines shoulder piece drops from the chest, it's a lot easier to get a light helm from Velidreth than to try for another divines shoulder piece in light.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 23, 2017 8:36PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    You got the answer you're looking for, but I wanted to just drop in to let you know the the shoulder piece of Velidreth comes from the undaunted chests. It drops in Urgalarg's chest (the DLC pledge-giver).

If you're looking to get the perfect (divines) pieces, it's usually better to try for the shoulder piece first. The head piece is a guaranteed drop (but not a guaranteed trait), but the chest could drop a variety of different should pieces. So if your five primary pieces are medium (chest/legs/waist/hands/feet), then you need your head & shoulder to be light and heavy. Ideally your head piece is heavy because it gives better resistances than a light head. But, if that heavy divines shoulder piece drops from the chest, it's a lot easier to get a light helm from Velidreth than to try for another divines shoulder piece in light.

It's not optimal to go 5-1-1 on stamina builds if you're trying to maximize damage because you lose crit. You only lose out on sustain going 5-1-1 on magicka builds so it makes sense to do so if you're trying to maximize damage.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

It's not optimal to go 5-1-1 on stamina builds if you're trying to maximize damage because you lose crit. You only lose out on sustain going 5-1-1 on magicka builds so it makes sense to do so if you're trying to maximize damage.

Based on testing done after Homestead that is no longer the case. CHD got nerfed, so crit's effectiveness is reduced. 5/1/1 will outshine 7 medium mathematically and you benefit from the larger health/magicka pool.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on testing done after Homestead that is no longer the case. CHD got nerfed, so crit's effectiveness is reduced. 5/1/1 will outshine 7 medium mathematically and you benefit from the larger health/magicka pool.

@Danksta ^ This is the case, currently, with the most recent changes to CHD calculations. Looking forward to the the intended CP sustain changes, however, full 7 medium might be the way to go again simply for the improved sustain. For today, though, I'm backing a 5/1/1 setup for stam dps, at least in most cases. The difference in dps potential between a 5/1/1 setup and full 7 was already a very narrow spread. Imho the extra health is worth the marginal dps loss.
    Edited by Autolycus on March 23, 2017 8:57PM
  • byrness
    byrness
    I have one shoulder already it's medium but it's impen...
    Iv got hunting rage all divine on.
    Been struggling to find people to do the dungeon with but I have posted on the forum and are joining more guilds so should take much longer.
    I was going to try the gold vender but I can find the site that tells you what's selling what weekend.
    At this point I wouldn't mind 5/1/1 or 7.
    Thanks for the input guys
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Danksta ^ This is the case, currently, with the most recent changes to CHD calculations. Looking forward to the the intended CP sustain changes, however, full 7 medium might be the way to go again simply for the improved sustain. For today, though, I'm backing a 5/1/1 setup for stam dps, at least in most cases. The difference in dps potential between a 5/1/1 setup and full 7 was already a very narrow spread. Imho the extra health is worth the marginal dps loss.

Thanks for the correction then! I didn't think the nerf would change anything in regards to 7 medium vs 5-1-1. I guess I feel a little better going 6-1 now.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA