Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Has the crafting and consumable writs changed reward-wise?

aquiella
aquiella
✭✭✭
Prior to the housing update, my Provisioning, Blacksmithing, and Clothing were giving me purple items every so often. Now I am getting more greens and the provisioning is particularly WORSE. I keep getting the same recipes it asks me to cook! I am maxed (50) on all three. I also get low-end materials. This doesn't make sense as if you are maxed on crafting you should get higher-end stuff.

Has anyone had problems?
Apologies if this was already asked.

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    The writs seem to exchange your high end ruby mats for low end. I sell them on the guild trader and buy ruby mats again since the RNG on surveys dropping aren't enough to replace the mats. I go through minimum of 312 mats x3 types a day on my 8 crafters so I farm all I see to try to keep up.

As far as the purple drops I would check to ensure all your achievements are done since they added a few more. Might get better drops...
    Answer ✓
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, consumption of refined mats is through the roof with only lower level mat returns in the rewards container and fewer surveys dropping. I'll probably have to reduce my daily writ completions once I run out of things to buy with master writ vouchers.

I also think I am getting a higher reward rate for gold improvement items because my inventory of these has shot through the roof. Double check your skill allocations if you think you are getting fewer.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Answer ✓