Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

crafting

albatrossj5
I still think my level 50 + champ Almost all traits should be able to craft an iron sword with at least the same damage as my level 10 with none . That toon doesn't want to use such a weapon but craft for lower levels .
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crafting
    Staff Post
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still think my level 50 + champ Almost all traits should be able to craft an iron sword with at least the same damage as my level 10 with none . That toon doesn't want to use such a weapon but craft for lower levels .

You can.

If your level 50 crafts an iron sword it will do the same damage as one crafted by a level 10 crafter in any character's hands.

Craft both, put them in your bank and pull them down to any character and they will do the same damage - same tooltip.

You really should test things before posting non-questions.

Now, one thing to keep in mind is this, the tooltip for any piece of gear includes not only the weapon base level/quality/type bonuses but also the character-specific battle scaling. So, a single sword at any level moved back and forth between characters of different levels will show different values of damage for each - because the scaling is different for each.

But two of the same level and type swords crafted by two different people at two different levels on the same character will show the same damage on any one character.

EXAMPLE:

My lvl 27 tier-1 crafter makes a no-trait iron orcish axe. it shows damage at 703.
    Upload to bank.
    Swap to my cp160 tier-10 master crafter.
    crafts same type axe level 10, no trait orcish iron etc.
    Damage shows 299.
    hit the banker, pull down the other one.
    both now say 299.
    if i shove them both into my bank the lvl 27 would see both at 703.

The axes do not change, the tooltip that shows gear+scaling changes by character but is the same on any one character.

Edited by STEVIL on March 22, 2017 1:56PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• albatrossj5
    Thanks