Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Before You Homestead Craft - NOTE -

kriegernight
kriegernight
✭✭
NOTE - Homesterad is Cosmetic Only

So Unlike every house in Tamriel yours is just cosmetic. The houses have no storage capability. Chest, Crates, Baskets Dressers.. Etc; do not spawn hold items. the house only can hold specifically crafted items that are purchased as furnishing, crafted as furnishing, or won as furnishing. anything looted or is not specified as furnishing is unable to be stored here. which makes the 20gb forced update useless in game. It is strictly cosmetic and doesn't help your character develop in anyway or ability to hold items that are not specified as furnishing. Making this possibly the most expensive and space consuming upgrade ever placed for the game.

The best part of having homes in the in the non MMO game was being able to harvest materials from them and being able to store items in them including the interactive Armour dummies.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saaaalllllltttyyyyyyyyyy
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is strictly cosmetic and doesn't help your character develop in anyway...
    Huh.

My Khajiit begs to differ. She's out every day helping the citizens of Tamriel so she can earn enough gold to buy those expensive drapes she has her eyes on.

If it weren't for the drapes, she wouldn't even leave the beach.

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello yesterday's news, yeah I'd like to cancel my subscription.

NOTE - Homesterad is Cosmetic Only

So Unlike every house in Tamriel yours is just cosmetic. The houses have no storage capability. Chest, Crates, Baskets Dressers.. Etc; do not spawn hold items. the house only can hold specifically crafted items that are purchased as furnishing, crafted as furnishing, or won as furnishing. anything looted or is not specified as furnishing is unable to be stored here. which makes the 20gb forced update useless in game. It is strictly cosmetic and doesn't help your character develop in anyway or ability to hold items that are not specified as furnishing. Making this possibly the most expensive and space consuming upgrade ever placed for the game.

The best part of having homes in the in the non MMO game was being able to harvest materials from them and being able to store items in them including the interactive Armour dummies.

Who said they were updating housing with storage? I mean yeah it would be nice and something they said they were looking at but I don't remember them saying we were getting it in this update. Most people here already know there is no storage so what's the point of another thread about storage? You mad because of the update then say that, but for the love of Christ quit with all the incessant whining.

20 gig update that supposedly fixed Mol, some quests, some housing and other stuff becomes useless because it's not what you wanted? There is no win win here, people complain about broken trials, they fix, or try to fix them, and now we are gonna scream about housing not having storage.

For the sake of your own sanity, take a break and play somthing else for a while. Come back in 3 or 4 months.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on March 21, 2017 7:28PM
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

20 gig update that supposedly fixed Mol, some quests, some housing and other stuff becomes useless because it's not what you wanted? There is no win win here, people complain about broken trials, they fix, or try to fix them, and now we are gonna scream about housing not having storage.

For the sake of your own sanity, take a break and play something else for a while. Come back in 3 or 4 months.

Not sure what they "fixed" everything seems to lag and more buggie since this patch.. materiels are harder to find and physical drive space is now being taken up.

And Yes this post is me whining a bit.. What was the point of housing if it has no function like it did in every other elderscrolls game that had it.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the sake of your own sanity, take a break and play something else for a while. Come back in 3 or 4 months.

Not sure what they "fixed" everything seems to lag and more buggie since this patch.. materiels are harder to find and physical drive space is now being taken up.

And Yes this post is me whining a bit.. What was the point of housing if it has no function like it did in every other elderscrolls game that had it.

Because people asked for it. No its not perfect, by any means, but it is a start. As far as it being functional, it already is if you use your imagination. One of my guilds uses a manor as an instanced dueling zone, another has set up a crafters paradise, all in game stations in one spot that is free to travel to. As others have stated using them as free wayshrine also works. The snug pond thing is right next to the master writ guy, in Elden root. While there isn't storage or any base gains from housing, some are having a blast with it.

Not sure about any of the fixes as I'm still at work. Will check out vmol when I get home, as that was the biggest one as far as complaints. As far as storage buy a 1tb USB drive. Less than $100 and all the storage I could ask for. Also for in game storage you can create 9 alt accounts, or get 9 people to join a guild you make, that is 500 additional bank slots. As far as in house storage, well if the servers are having fits extra strain on them isn't going to help.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I find housing and its peripherals to be fun and ejoyable and to have added a lot to my daily play enjoyment.

I look forward to more content for it including yes a variety of functionals, new houses, new furnings and so on.

I dont expect it to every be a significant source of character bonuses for combat related stuff ever and my expectation is that at most it will grant significant QoL type bonuses, as it akready does with free ports.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    It is strictly cosmetic and doesn't help your character develop in anyway...
    Huh.

My Khajiit begs to differ. She's out every day helping the citizens of Tamriel so she can earn enough gold to buy those expensive drapes she has her eyes on.

Darn it. I'm not going to tell you again. Stay off the drapes or I will spray you with the water bottle.
  • Damianos
    Damianos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Huh.

shining-scene-cat-curtains.gif
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Mostly cosmetic, I have recently placed Armor Master crafting stations and several others in my home since Imperial city just isn't a place I wish to spend 1/2 hour getting to much less die many deaths in simply to craft gear for someone.