Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can not Craft a set

Tewhano
Tewhano
I have researched traits for 4 of the heavy armor and 6 different weapons but when I went to the crafting station in Rivenspire at the Westwind Lighthouse it reported no armor or weapons to craft. I have the ingots and racial stones. What am I missing?
PC - NA

Tewhano : Breton Templar - DC
Tewhano Tane : Breton Templar - DC
Tewhano Whetu : Breton Templar - DC
Ruanuku Pakeha : High Elf Sorcerer - AD
Sevan Teledas : Dark Elf Sorcerer - EP

'I stands all that I can stands,
and I can't stands no more.' - Popeye

Best Answer

• Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewhano wrote: »
    Found my answer, I think. Apparently it is 4 traits per item not 4 traits total. So if I want to craft a sword then I need to research four different traits on a sword, correct?

Correct!
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Answer ✓
  • Tewhano
    Tewhano
    Found my answer, I think. Apparently it is 4 traits per item not 4 traits total. So if I want to craft a sword then I need to research four different traits on a sword, correct?
    PC - NA

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way crafting works is you need to learn the minimum number of traits to craft a piece of armour/weapon of that particular set AND the trait you want to craft must be a trait you have already researched/learned.

Let's say you want to craft Julianos which is a 6 trait set. So you have researched 8 of the 9 traits and when you go to craft you discover that you never learned Sharpened trait for Staves so you cannot craft a Sharpened staff. So even if you have the "number" of traits needed to craft a Set piece you still must have the actual trait research done for the particular trait you wish to craft. Make sense?

So what I do is this: For armour pieces I research Divines first, followed by Infused, followed by Impenetrable......etc. When I reach the minimum number of traits needed to craft a Set I will be able to craft it in the trait(s) I intend to use first. Same goes for weapons: Sharpened, Precise, etc....

Good luck!
  • Tewhano
    Tewhano
    Not sure what Julianos is but if I understand you correctly then not only do I craft a set I also must add a trait I have learned to the item as well? So if I researched and learn 3 different traits on a battle axe and I want to create a Seducer set I need to add a trait I have learned to that axe as well?
    PC - NA

• Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewhano wrote: »
    Not sure what Julianos is but if I understand you correctly then not only do I craft a set I also must add a trait I have learned to the item as well? So if I researched and learn 3 different traits on a battle axe and I want to create a Seducer set I need to add a trait I have learned to that axe as well?

Julianos is a 6 trait set for Magicka toons located in Wrothgar. What I meant is this: Let's say you want to craft a Heavy Chest piece in Divines trait in Julianos. You have learned 6 or 7 or 8 traits so you think you can craft it. You get to the Julianos crafting station and see you cannot craft a Heavy Chest piece in Divines because that trait you have not yet researched.

My point is to first research the traits that you intend to use so when you do reach the required number of traits to craft a Set piece the actual trait you want to craft can be crafted.

Hope I'm a bit clearer on my explanation.
  • Tewhano
    Tewhano
    Hope I'm a bit clearer on my explanation.

Okay, I get your point now. Thank you.

PC - NA