Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best way to sell Ebony Motif Gold Book (full version)

mudasx
mudasx
Soul Shriven
Hey folks. Am trying to figure out the best way to sell the Ebony Motif Gold Book and turn a profit. I've tried selling in both zone chat (only get ridiculously low ball offers from folks trying to flip it themselves) and guild store (even offering it for less than I've seen it in all other guild stores).

Anyways, thanks in advance. (I'm on ps4 on the NA servers if that helps)
  • mudasx
    mudasx
    Soul Shriven
    Btw... sorry for the double post. It won't let me delete one
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    i was going to respond in game until i saw the ps4 part lol
  • mudasx
    mudasx
    Soul Shriven
    lordhakao wrote: »
    i was going to respond in game until i saw the ps4 part lol

Lol what we're you going to respond with?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know what you are trying to get for it but higher end items only sell quickly if you set a low price. If you have had it listed in a guild for 30 days without selling, you are probably asking too much. If you pull it after a few days because it has not sold, you may not have left it long enough for a buyer to come along.

If you are listing it at the going rate, just leave it in the guild store and monitor other listings in case the price drops and it suddenly becomes over priced. If you want quick cash, slash the price. You cannot expect to get top dollar if you are in a rush to sell.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • mudasx
    mudasx
    Soul Shriven
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Don't know what you are trying to get for it but higher end items only sell quickly if you set a low price. If you have had it listed in a guild for 30 days without selling, you are probably asking too much. If you pull it after a few days because it has not sold, you may not have left it long enough for a buyer to come along.

If you are listing it at the going rate, just leave it in the guild store and monitor other listings in case the price drops and it suddenly becomes over priced. If you want quick cash, slash the price. You cannot expect to get top dollar if you are in a rush to sell.

I agree with that. I've only been trying to sell for a little over a week and I know it takes a while. I also know that the value will go down and I set it at a decent price lower than most I've seen, but still at good value to me (if that makes sense).
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an good price estimate would be around the average price for the ebon pages multiplied by number of pages needed
    You might want to go a bit lower as buyer might have some pages and its an lot of gold in one go.

Using trade center for pc eu the ebon pages is 60k while the book is 400-500k making the book an bargain.
    I would try for 10-15x the page cost.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.