Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Noob PC Questions

Parrot1986
Parrot1986
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm getting a new PC shortly and thinking of re-rolling onto PC. Currently I play on Xbox and haven't gamed on PC for a while and never a MMO.

If I have an Xbox Elite controller just now can I use that on the PC?

I've also been looking at getting a gamepad/mouse set up which is going to be a massive change from how I play just now and they aren't cheap so looking to see how much of a difference it will make once I'm used to that type of gaming versus using a controller?

Finally :) is there anything people would recommend? I've been looking at Razer mouse and gamepad but reviews are pretty pointless these days with everyone loving everything they review it seems!

Best Answer

• goatsarelykmushrooms
    i use a 2014 razor naga, best thing i ever did for eso

it has 1-12 buttons on the side
    middle mouse scroll can click side to side for 2 keys and 2 small buttons behind the middle mouse
    can basically have all combat abilities (wep swap, mounting, roll dodging, ultimates, interrupting/breakfree, tab target) all in one hand and leave the other for mobility and inventory menu etc

as for using an xbox controller, i beleive eso has partial compatibility so you could use but i think keyboard and mouse would be better i think there will also be a large difference in playstyle from controller to mouseboard

i spent about $80AUS i think thereabouts for the mouse, which would probs be 50-60US
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't get a Hewlett-Packard. My brother repaired computers for a living, and he said he saw lots of problems with those.