The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Master Merchant for buyers-only?

Cambruin
Cambruin
✭✭✭
Hey all,

been using Master Merchant for a few days now, but I've no idea how it 'scans' listings. I visit some stores every so often, yet the info never seems to update. 99% of the items remain at 0.00% with the same items always showing up red, none ever turning up blue, let alone gold. I don't see no 'scan listings' button or hotkey option neither.

So am I right in assuming Master Merchant only compares items after you sell them? Using the price you set as a reference? Is it an invalueble tool for people who actively sell, but useless to those like me who only come to shop? Would Tamriel Trade Centre be a better alternative?

Some advice for this lost lil' noobie would be most welcome! :)
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MM uses the trade guilds you are a part of and tracks the sales via the sales transaction history. If you're not part of a big trade guild, it's not a very useful addon for price accuracy.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More specifically it only uses actual sales from your 5 guilds. If you don't belong to at least one active trading guild you probably won't get very good sales data.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use AwesomeGuildStore instead, it's just for buyers. You still have to visit a guild trader to see what they have but the addon makes this quick and easy. MM doesn't work unless you're in a decent trading guild or two.
    PC | EU