Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Super lag in PS4

kelswong13
kelswong13
Soul Shriven
The title says it all.

Go to dolmens, mobs stuck for 2-4 seconds, then everything fast forward. Boom either you're dead or you wasted your time at a dolmen that basically fast forward everything, without being able to do anything.

Go into dungeons (as healer), keep spamming the buttons to dish out heals but it's so lag that my team died before they got healed even with me spamming it.

This lag is not just recently, not few weeks ago but since last year December!!!!!!!!!!!!! There have been a few maintenance but why is this lag issue not solved YET? Barely enjoying the game right now.
Edited by kelswong13 on March 16, 2017 3:59PM
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    Latency issues like this are normally linked with Internet connectivity and network issues. To assist with ruling out the most common causes we would like you to first complete the below process.

Power Cycling the Network

Power cycling the network will allow you to start over and re-establish a connection to the internet, eliminating any stale connections causing an issue. To complete this please follow the below steps:
    1.Shut down the PS4
    2.Turn off your router and/or modem
    3.Wait two minutes and turn your router and/or modem back on
    4.Wait an additional two minutes for them to power up and then turn back on the PS4
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on March 16, 2017 9:11PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be because of PS4's firmware 4.50, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353077

I would recommend using a LAN cable for the PS4
  • kelswong13
    kelswong13
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    Latency issues like this are normally linked with Internet connectivity and network issues. To assist with ruling out the most common causes we would like you to first complete the below process.

Power Cycling the Network

Power cycling the network will allow you to start over and re-establish a connection to the internet, eliminating any stale connections causing an issue. To complete this please follow the below steps:
    1.Shut down the PS4
    2.Turn off your router and/or modem
    3.Wait two minutes and turn your router and/or modem back on
    4.Wait an additional two minutes for them to power up and then turn back on the PS4

I have tried this a dozen times and it doesn't work at all.
    Could be because of PS4's firmware 4.50, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353077

I would recommend using a LAN cable for the PS4

Yeah I am using LAN cable but the lag is still there. I have no lag issues with other games though.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next thing to try is either port forwarding or DMZ. Set the PS4 on a static IP, using manual set up. Log onto the router and open ports for ESO. Or last resort, DMZ the IP address pointing to the PS4.
  • partzs
    partzs
    There is a known issue with the 4.5 update for PSN that causes wifi to have issues. If you are not hard wired please try that

There are other fixes that they are suggesting like disabling wpa2 and or removing the password or even disable N but they are not guaranteed and for a standard user, may be confusing. Sony is looking into it but there is not ETA on a fix.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    partzs wrote: »
    There is a known issue with the 4.5 update for PSN that causes wifi to have issues. If you are not hard wired please try that

There are other fixes that they are suggesting like disabling wpa2 and or removing the password or even disable N but they are not guaranteed and for a standard user, may be confusing. Sony is looking into it but there is not ETA on a fix.

Dude he says right above that he's wired..