Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gear progression

kalarro
kalarro
✭✭✭
I recently reached cp160 and I got a question about loot progression.

In other games, gear has level, and the harder teh content, the more itemlevel and the more stats.

What does in ESO define gear progression?

For example, right now Im doing normal dungeons and getting cp160 set items. What do you get when doing veteran dungeons or even raids? what does make the items dropped there better than the ones in normal dungeons? How can I distinguish the difference between normal content gear and veteran/raid gear?

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just better quality, all gear is capped at 160cp but depending on dungeon difficulty, the quality will vary.

Normal mode dungeons and trials offer blue quality, veteran dungeons and trials offer purple, and veteran trials offer gold jewellery upon completion.

This only really affects jewellery as everything (weapons and armour( else can be manually improved but jewellery cannot.
  • Thanatos1699
    Thanatos1699
    Soul Shriven
    how to word this...
    gear progression can be reflected towards how much CP you have. for example.. with lower cp you need gear with recovery in the set bonus to help with overall dps... as you get into the higher number of cp you can try out different sets that are meant for pure damage because you have the recovery build into the character not the gear. this is from a pve view point.. pvp is a different beast in its own
  • kalarro
    kalarro
    ✭✭✭
    I understand. Thanks for the explanations
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only things that are exclusive to veteran dungeons are monster helms. The rest of the gear, as been said, is just purple as opposed to blue there which makes farming normal dungeons totally viable except for the jewelry.