Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dark brotherhood & thieves guild questlines

sticx45_ESO
sticx45_ESO
✭✭✭
I've been playing a Magi-Templa, but i'm wondering, will I be at a disadvantage doing these DLC's on my templar? Given that I'm in cloth, and don't have the sneak passive that reduces my detection radius? Or is it really a non issue? I imagine I'll have trouble pick pocketing and sneaking up behind people to stealth shot them right?
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine it's likely a tiny bit easier on a vampiric nightblade leather-wearer, but in general there's not that much of a difficulty doing the stealthy-stuff.

Though, my patience for prolongued sneaking is non-existent which means I tend to just eat up bounties.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a magicka sorcerer. But, I found some Night Terror jewelry from a guild store which has a 3 piece set bonus of reducing radius that you get detected and also reduces sneak speed. I enchanted one piece with the potion boost enchant and the other two with stamina boosts. Then I craft some invisibility potions or use the roguish stealth potions if I am in a bind. So far that is working well for me. My crafted invisibility potions give me about 15-16 seconds with the potion boost enchant. That seems to usually be enough to get through a tough spot.

The blade of woe from DB is useful for thieves guild quests also as long as it is not a heist.
  • sticx45_ESO
    sticx45_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I'm safe to just do it on my temp then lol... just have to prepare a bit more than i would with the leather sneak passive...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did both these questlines with a magicka sorceror in heavy armor. In each questline there's a timed daily quest where you have to sneak around. I NEVER was able to do the quests in the time allotted with that character. If you don't care about the timer, you'll be fine. If you care about doing the quests before the timer runs out (you get better rewards if you do), then you really need medium armor and some sneak passives or jewelry.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could craft some cp150 leather armor of the set who boost sneak speed, cp150 to reduce material cost.
    might even add some junk enchants, you don't need a lot of dps doing the TG quests.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.