The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Masterful concoctions

Marcd23
Marcd23
✭✭✭
Sorcery-draining poison IX
Breach
Increase Spell Power
Spell Critical

Can anybody help me get this poison in this order? I can't get it for the life of me...

Best Answer

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had this writ today, i completed it by creating poisons with the 3 effects, they were not order.

I think the OP is looking for the reagents ... where the effects aren't required to be an any particular order.

@Marcd23, I'm out of town and can't get into an alchemy table in-game. Try these two reagent combinations (with Alkahest) and see if either one works:
    Violet Corprinus - Lady's Smock - Water Hyacinth

~ or ~

Violet Corprinus - Lady's Smock - Namira's Rot

Answer ✓
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had this writ today, i completed it by creating poisons with the 3 effects, they were not order.
    Edited by bebynnag on February 24, 2017 9:39AM
  • Marcd23
    Marcd23
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys... I did get it in the end... To start with I had the poison made but it wouldn't count towards the writ... That's why I posted and asked for the help... I thought they had to be in order... But when I tried again today it seemed to allow it...
    Thanks for the help tho
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

Sinderion would be proud of your masterful concoction ...

OB-quest-Alchemy_Training.jpg

(from UESP)
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 24, 2017 9:16PM
  • codedragon
    codedragon
    Soul Shriven
    Alkahest, Lady's Smock, Namira's Rot, Violet Caprinus
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    There appear to be several suggestions above. Which one is correct? I have tried Lady Smock+Violet Coprinus+Beetle Scutle; however it seems I don't have them in the right order. Can anyone help?

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use Violet Coprinus, Lady's Smock and either Namira's Rot OR Water Hyacint, plus alkahest. The order of ingredients does not matter.

The logic behind alchemy potions is to bring in the effect at least twice without counter-effect (like magicka vs. ravage magicka). Look at the tooltips of ingredients and select one if it has at least two of the effects.

This particular potion comes up from following ingredients
    - Lady's Smock is first because it has all threee effects. This is a little different from normal 2+2+2 effects. That relaxes the requirement for last ingredient, but the second ingredient need still bring in two effects.
    - Violet Coprinus is only possible choice for second ingredient because no other brings in two effects. It gives Breach and Spell Power and now the two efects are fulfilled. Only Spell Crit is still missing.
    - Either Namira's Rot or Water Hyacint bring in Spell Critical
    - Use Alkahest to make a poison

Now each effect is in twice in ingredients. Beetle Scuttle does have Breach but nothing else. That's why it's unsuitable.

As a last check, put the ingredients into table and double-check that the name of the potion/poison really matches the quest.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone