Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Farming for Necropotence - question for those of you that have done this...

WarpigFunk
WarpigFunk
✭✭✭
In Rivenspire, are their any Bosses/ delves/ etc ... that are more likely to drop this set? I've been farming the delve boss in Hircine's Haunt or something like that in the northeast of rivenspire... basically what Im doing in killing the delve boss, then running outside and across the narrow channel to kill the overland boss nearby - going back and forth - kill world boss, go to delve, kill delve boss, go outside, kill world boss - etc ...

Trouble is- 2 nights of doing this, at around 1-2 hours per night, has yielded a ton of Darkstride and Vampire Lord gear ... not a single Necro drop.

Is this set super rare? Or am I having bad luck? Or should I try a different region of Rivenspire?

Thanks.
PS4 [NA]
Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
-VERIFIED-
-FFF-
vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Hildunes refuge... thats the delve I'm farming btw.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad luck. If you go to the public dungeon there are more bosses in a small space. What you are doing should result in some Necro drops though. Just remember different pieces drop in the delves v dolmens v WBs v Public Dungeon
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I guess this is the most efficient then ... it has the closest delve-worldboss ... But Vamp and Darkstride seem undeniably more common as drops. I've killed these bosses enough by now to have a reasonable sample size and the amount of Vamp and Stride gear I've gotten outstrips Necro by about 10-1 ... each.

Oddly enough this morning - in 3 straight kills of the Hildune boss I got 3 straight sharpened Necro Maces (Corpse Caller) three in a row. It's def not pure RNG.

This farm does suck though. I love how I farmed the crap out of CoA just a couple months ago to get full BSW, and here I am again farming for my sorc... ugh.

Worth it though - with BSW I can barely push 30k on a skelly. Ran a DPS test for a guildy the other night and in full Necro with a scamp he pulled over 35k on the skelly and his rotation wasn't even that tight.

Once I get chest, boots, and belt I'll move on to Public dungeon for the gloves. Cheers!

PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    Yea I guess this is the most efficient then ... it has the closest delve-worldboss ... But Vamp and Darkstride seem undeniably more common as drops. I've killed these bosses enough by now to have a reasonable sample size and the amount of Vamp and Stride gear I've gotten outstrips Necro by about 10-1 ... each.

Oddly enough this morning - in 3 straight kills of the Hildune boss I got 3 straight sharpened Necro Maces (Corpse Caller) three in a row. It's def not pure RNG.

This farm does suck though. I love how I farmed the crap out of CoA just a couple months ago to get full BSW, and here I am again farming for my sorc... ugh.

Worth it though - with BSW I can barely push 30k on a skelly. Ran a DPS test for a guildy the other night and in full Necro with a scamp he pulled over 35k on the skelly and his rotation wasn't even that tight.

Once I get chest, boots, and belt I'll move on to Public dungeon for the gloves. Cheers!

Don't pets take up buffs like SPC from group members in trials? Or did they fix that?
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns Pretty sure it was confirmed to not be a problem. They only take buffs if there are not enough players alive in the area to take them all.
    Edited by dpencil on March 12, 2017 5:21PM
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @WarpigFunk Remember that Delve bosses, World bosses, and Pub Dungeon bosses drop different pieces. You will not get all pieces from one type of boss. Also, shop around. You can find Necro on the guild store. It's not a super expensive set to buy.

I can confirm that Necro is beast on the target Skele.
    Edited by dpencil on March 12, 2017 5:25PM
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    ok i completed a set.
    had divine waist, divine shoes, and infused pants drop. then spent about 100k on divine gloves and chest.

didnt cost me anything since i found extra pieces in good traits and sold them for a ton.

now i just have to gold it out and see whats what.

cheers!

PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm building an 'overland dropped' set, I normally 'farm' a dolmen for three or four anchor drops daily until I get a full set of purple jewelry. In the mean time, I look in the guild stores for a couple more pieces in the right slot with the right traits.

Spent <1k gold doing this for a set of Robes of the Hist x5.

Currently building a set of necropotty and have 2 purple jewelry bits so far. Also just happen to be doing Silver in Rivenspire now and have just through normal questing gathered an infused chest and divines boots. Saw divine epaulets in a guilt store for around 1k (I think).
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually got all my necro pieces by farming AP and buying the Rivenspire RNG bags:

500K AP for 100 bags

- 1 sharpened fire staff
    - 1 sharpened shock staff
    - 1 precise shock staff
    - 2 sharpened resto staves
    - atleast 1 piece of every armor slot in divine/infused

Taking advantage of the double AP event, this was definitely a great way to go to get overland sets!

May not be everyone's flavor, but if you can't stand grinding the same mobs for that one set piece, it is a great second option!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    using purple set last night and with a brand new rotation I was using for the first time, and with no VMA weapons I hit 32k DPS on the skelly ... also cleared VMA with just a heavy attack and dots method.

The BSW is going to my magplar - This necropotence is beast.
    PS4 [NA]
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭