The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Need help with my new VMA set

Hyde_Jekyll
I can clear VMA with my current set up 5 spriggan 5 VO 2 kraghs. Anyways recently got 3 two fanged weapons 1 two fanged sharpened sword, 2 two fanged dagger 1 sharpened 1 precise. Which would be the better combo? 2 daggers with 1 precise or 1 dagger 1 sword both sharpened ? Should I even bother using em? Lol
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 TFS + 5 VO + 2 Khrags

Using dagger + sword sharpen.

Never run Precise not worth.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Options
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    What's the soft cap for crit again? Like to get decent crit. With my previous set my crit is 65.5 all gold.

Now with the TF set (tf not yet gold so 3 of my armors are purple they are divines) with the 2 daggers 1 sharp 1 precise I get 71.2% crit, with the dagger and sword I get 63.2.

U guys know if I would reach 65% crit for the dagger and sword setup if I gold everything don't wanna waste my mats lol
    Edited by Hyde_Jekyll on March 4, 2017 9:04AM
    Options
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    Tested my damage on the dummy
    Both purple weapons
    No crit surge
    No 5% VO DMg buff

Dual dagger 1 sharp 1 precise
    1914 rapid strikes tick, final tick 6207

1 dagger 1 sword both sharpened
    2060 rapid strikes tick, final tick 6607

Damage wise the dagger sword combo wins (the 2.5 damage increase for the sword felt underwhelming lol)

It feels like the damage gap is not big enough so the question is it worth giving up 8% crit to get this minor damage increase?

I don't even know if the target skeleton has better resistance compared to the mobs in VMA

Not even sure what's the sweet spot for crit lol

It's hard on consoles. Wish we had add ons
    Options
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    Wasn't aware there was a soft cap on crit rating???

Shaprerned is king though, precise isn't terrible is you're playing a class with major feature (DK, NB) imho, but on a stam Sorc or stamplar you pretty much need to run dual sharpened and sharpened on your back bar.

Does anyone know the penetration cap for vmsa mobs? Just curious if it's around 18.5k or not
    Options
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Dummy has about the same on average - iirc the dummy is somewhere around 12k phys res, (edit: I was wrong, it's just over 18k) VMA enemies range from 9k-18k.

more crit just means you'll heal more... the dagger/ sword means you'll kill faster. Since you already cleared VMA and are familiar, I'd opt for the better damage set. Going from 65%-63% you wont miss the marginally dewer heals. You wont even notice.
    Edited by WarpigFunk on March 11, 2017 4:14PM
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I thought the dummy has 18200 resistance, both spell and physical. They wrote that in the patch notes.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • WarpigFunk
    WarpigFunk
    ✭✭✭
    Masel92 wrote: »
    I thought the dummy has 18200 resistance, both spell and physical. They wrote that in the patch notes.

Is it that high? I had a friend of mine during a DPS test say 12k on the small one, 16k on the bigger one ... I just took him at his word. Patch notes are a bit more reliable ... :P

I'll edit. thx.
    PS4 [NA]
    Hingle McKringleberry - Altmer MagSorc DD The Flawless Conquerer
    Sek Sual Chocolate - Redguard StamSorc DD Stormproof
    Doktor Feelgood - Breton Templar Healz Boethia's Scythe
    Tiberius Asskickatron - Imperial DK StamTank Mageslayer
    -VERIFIED-
    -FFF-
    vAAHM 100k+, vSOHM 100k+, vHRCHM 100k+, vMoL 78k, vDSA 36k, vMA 535k
    Options
  • Hyde_Jekyll
    WarpigFunk wrote: »
    Dummy has about the same on average - iirc the dummy is somewhere around 12k phys res, (edit: I was wrong, it's just over 18k) VMA enemies range from 9k-18k.

more crit just means you'll heal more... the dagger/ sword means you'll kill faster. Since you already cleared VMA and are familiar, I'd opt for the better damage set. Going from 65%-63% you wont miss the marginally dewer heals. You wont even notice.

Yah was thinking about it too. It's just that my character looks weird with the sword and dagger lol. How I wish there's a transmog lol. My dilemma right now is that is it worth wasting those mats just for a minor dps increase. (Since I can clear it anyways) What I'm afraid of is that as soon as I make em gold the maelstrom sharpened dagger would drop lol after that I'm done (I really don't like the axe and dagger even if it's the optimal dps for trials) just need 1 more maelstrom sharpened dagger.

What I wanna compare is if maelstrom dagger (1 sharpened, 1 nirnhoned *main hand) is better or worst than maelstrom dagger both sharpened.

My ideal setup would be 3 VO, 5 TF, Kragh and the maelstrom daggers.. anyone here can test it out for me on a training dummy if it's much better to run 1 nirn 1 sharpened on my set up? I know a lot of peeps would say better run it with velidreth and 2 sharpened dagger since I have enough penetration but I really prefer kragh..

So anyone here willing to waste 8 alloys on their maelstrom nirn dagger and test it out on a training dummy for the sake of science! Lol
    Options