Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Leaving groups in dungeons

Kaymorolis
Kaymorolis
✭✭✭
So I've started going into dungeons with groups. At the end I can't figure out how to get out, short of running all the way back to the entrance. I see other characters reading a scroll and porting out. How do I do that? For that matter, how do I drop out of a group, as the only other way I've found to leave the dungeon is to wait for everyone else to drop group, leaving me to be kicked out by the system.
PC | NA
CP: 240+
Tai'Zar - 50 Bosmer Stamblade
Annatar the Fair - 50 Altmer MagSorc
Rules Through Fear - 50 Argonian Templar
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to options>social>group>leave group

This will start a short timer before you are kicked out of the dungeon, and you'll end up where you were when you ported into it.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or press P > leave group
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    there are a few ways to leave a dungeon. As pointed out above just leaving the group will port you to your last location outside the dungeon. You can open your map and select a wayshrine to port to. You can open up your friend's list. guild roster, or group roster and port to anyone on those lists by right-clicking on the name. In most cases all of those options are easier than running all the way back to the start of the dungeon.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Syrani
    Syrani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, porting to a wayshrine costs gold if you just open a map and port from there. The cost increases each time you do it if you do it more than once in fairly quick succession (the cost will eventually reset if you wait long enough).

You can also port to your house for free if you have one. Open your map and click on your house and select travel.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Nyx2 wrote: »
    Or press P > leave group

@Nyx2 I was just in a group last night and had the same problem. We finished the last boss and I'm trying to get out. Hit P but I didn't see a leave group option. Eventually the last person there dropped and I got ported out.

Where on the screen is the leave group button?
    PC | NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Pact Veteran Trade transport service.

Wherever you need to go, someone will be there to cyno you in. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a bit stupid that you get ported out too.
    I was ported while in the dialogue after doing the gold tower yesterday and was in the dialogue after quest.
    Looting or just exploring while empty is also relevant.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Kaymorolis wrote: »
    Or press P > leave group

@Nyx2 I was just in a group last night and had the same problem. We finished the last boss and I'm trying to get out. Hit P but I didn't see a leave group option. Eventually the last person there dropped and I got ported out.

To leave the group through the 'p' tab, fist open the group interface by hitting the 'p' key then at the bottom should be a prompt to lave group along with the default keybind.
  • Kaymorolis
    Kaymorolis
    ✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Or press P > leave group

To leave the group through the 'p' tab, fist open the group interface by hitting the 'p' key then at the bottom should be a prompt to lave group along with the default keybind.

I don't have an option at the bottom with a keybind. A guildie told me it was "P", then "X". I've tried that but the X doesn't work. I'll have to peruse my settings and see if I've accidentally deleted the keybind for it.
    PC | NA
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    Or press P > leave group

I don't have an option at the bottom with a keybind. A guildie told me it was "P", then "X". I've tried that but the X doesn't work. I'll have to peruse my settings and see if I've accidentally deleted the keybind for it.

the 'p' key opens the group interface, make sure you are on the group roster tab rather than the dungeon selection tab. Then hitting 'x' or clicking on the 'leave group' at the bottom of the group page window should get you out of the group and autoport you after a brief time.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    My bad, I said above that 'leave group' option is at bottom of group page it is actually at bottom of screen when your group roster is open.