The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Main quest help

Shroom
Shroom
✭✭
Hey! So I abandoned the main quest "The God of Schemes" and was wondering how do I get the quest again? Thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can abandon the quest. Did you look in your journal?

In any event, go into or out of the main gate for the main city in the zone or go visit the harborage to find the prophet.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't think you can abandon the quest. Did you look in your journal?

In any event, go into or out of the main gate for the main city in the zone or go visit the harborage to find the prophet.

Nothing in journal, I checked harborage but the prophet isn't there.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Bump
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shroom wrote: »
    Return to Coldharbour and speak to the Groundskeeper. After this, enter the Mages Guild. Speak to Alyeid King (if you can). Then, exit.

The Prophet's spirit should re-appear and actually start the quest again.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Return to Coldharbour and speak to the Groundskeeper. After this, enter the Mages Guild. Speak to Alyeid King (if you can). Then, exit.

Well I went to coldharbour but when I see her she just walks and disappears.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Nvm found her.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    wt

She gave me a quest but it doesn't give me directions?
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    I couldn't find Alyeid King?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Alyeid King is not in the Mages Guild, then you haven't completed the previous quest, though I don't know how this would be possible if you abandoned the TGoS quest. Are you sure you abandoned it and just haven't received it yet?

The Plainmeld closing quest has to be done first because you have to talk to the King in the Mages Guild (the Groundskeeper tells you to do so). Then, you return outside and talk to the Groundskeeper. She'll give you accolades and close the quest.

It's at this point the Prophet appears and tells you to head to the harborage. I can't recall if he actually starts the quest as a spirit or after you visit him, but he's definitely the one who starts it.

Head back to Coldharbour and go through the Chasm gate. Head to the Pyramid. If the King is standing there, you haven't finished the quest (or the game reset it because you abandoned the other).

If he's not there either, then you definitely have a bug in the game and ZoS will have to reset the quest for you.

• Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    If the Alyeid King is not in the Mages Guild, then you haven't completed the previous quest, though I don't know how this would be possible if you abandoned the TGoS quest. Are you sure you abandoned it and just haven't received it yet?

The Plainmeld closing quest has to be done first because you have to talk to the King in the Mages Guild (the Groundskeeper tells you to do so). Then, you return outside and talk to the Groundskeeper. She'll give you accolades and close the quest.

It's at this point the Prophet appears and tells you to head to the harborage. I can't recall if he actually starts the quest as a spirit or after you visit him, but he's definitely the one who starts it.

Head back to Coldharbour and go through the Chasm gate. Head to the Pyramid. If the King is standing there, you haven't finished the quest (or the game reset it because you abandoned the other).

If he's not there either, then you definitely have a bug in the game and ZoS will have to reset the quest for you.

Well I finished the main questline in Coldharbour. Should I go there and go talk to Groundskeeper again?
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    So I checked ColdHarbour for groundskeeper but couldn't find her.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know. I completed all the mages and fighters guild quests but nothings in the harborage.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know. I completed all the mages and fighters guild quests but nothings in the harborage.
    After so long time?
    give us an screenshot of quest log on the quest. It might be an bug here.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    After so long time?
    give us an screenshot of quest log on the quest. It might be an bug here.

https://gyazo.com/da6f1ea35dbc7a80c88a3845937c2b73
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Yeah idk, I checked mages and fighters guild but the only thing they give is crafting certifications.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This quest does not lead you around by the nose.

No, you have to explore Coldharbor. Remember, these people have no clue about what is going on outside of their city. If you study the lore up there, it will be apparent.

So, one person you need to rescue is to the West and the other is to the East. Until you rescue them, the Mages and Fighters halls in Coldharbor will be closed. There are other's up there to rescue too, and can make the end battle for the zone more interesting if you do.

Now, if your unsure of where you are in the scheme of things, go backwards from this page through the pre-requisites until it starts to make sense to you.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:God_of_Schemes

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

This quest does not lead you around by the nose.

No, you have to explore Coldharbor. Remember, these people have no clue about what is going on outside of their city. If you study the lore up there, it will be apparent.

So, one person you need to rescue is to the West and the other is to the East. Until you rescue them, the Mages and Fighters halls in Coldharbor will be closed. There are other's up there to rescue too, and can make the end battle for the zone more interesting if you do.

Now, if your unsure of where you are in the scheme of things, go backwards from this page through the pre-requisites until it starts to make sense to you.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:God_of_Schemes

I checked the halls but they're not closed? I've already rescued Ayleid and Vanus?
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Ehhh, I completed the quest "Final Assault" and the quest god of schemes appeared!