The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Pet Baron Build - Stam DK DPS Build

Panda_iMunch
Panda_iMunch
✭✭✭✭
This video goes over everything, as well as shows you the dps tests itself. It is the best thing to go off of for this, but I'll leave a little explanation below.

The focus of this build was to ultimately make a build that could use Morkuldin and Maw of the Infernal effectively, which required a different stam setup then usual. So let's get into the details of the set up.

Race:
Kahjiit or Imperial (but any stam based class would work fine)

Attribute points:
64 into stamina, for max damage potential

Mundus Stone:
The shadow, which works well with the crit passive of medium armor and the Kahjiit passives

Champion Points:
Defense tree:
100 into Hearty and Elemental Defender, so you don't get one shot as much

Offense Tree:
100 into Mighty and 100 in Melee Weapons Expert, which is how I got my 22,000 dps

Resource Tree:
This really can be up to what you feel that you need, but I have a typical setup that I use.

50 into Magician and 75 into Tenacity + Tumbling, all of which will allow for a constant rotation without needing extra regen.

Gear:
2 piece Maw of the Infernal (head and shoulders)
5 piece of Morkuldin (3 body pieces + 2 weapons of your choice)
5 piece Sunderflame (jewelry + 2 body pieces)
Sunderflame works well in group settings as it affects everyone in the group as well as increases the dps of your pets. With this, your pets can do around 2,600 dps by themselves.

Skills:
(This is on stamina Dragon-knight)

Main bar (duel wield):
Two weapons for 2 heavy or light attacks at a time = more of a chance to proc Morkuldin and Maw.

1. Molten Armaments, for the extra heavy attack damage
2. Deadly Cloak, for extra AoE damage as well as a steady buff to keep you alive.
3. Flames of Oblivion, for extra crit and DoT
4. Trap Beast, solid DoT and gives minor force. If you don't like this ability or want something simpler, Guard works fine.
5. Shrouded Daggers, this morph allows for some decent AoE damage + good single target damage while also giving you a long lasting Major Brutality buff.
6. Ultimate: Flawless Dawnbreaker, for passive weapon damage increase

Secondary Bar (no pref weapons):
This bar is primarily more about survival as most your dps will come through heavy attacks on the main bar.

1. Caltrops, for large AoE in trash burning
2. Immovable Brute, for easy resistance increase
3. Shuffle, to increase survival through dodging of damage
4. Vigor, to act as a large heal in situations where the healer is out
5. Flames of Oblivion, to keep the crit up and to prevent glitches
6. Ultimate: Standard of Might, for large AoE damage, passive damage increase, and increased damage reduction

Rotation:
The rotation around this build is fairly simple being only reliant on it's main bar. Note: All heavy attacks are fully charged, partial heavy attacks will not use Molten Armaments.

To open, just activate abilities 1-3, heavy attack, ability 4 (Trap Beast), heavy attack, then ability 5 (Shrouded Daggers).

At this point, you heavy attack between every ability and ever ultimate to not only take advantage of the DK's Molten Armaments ability and Melee Weapon Expert, but to summon your pets too.

Getting a fully charged heavy attack allows for easy weaving as you can cast an ability mid way through an heavy attack and it will go off when possible. If you activate your ability too early, you run the chance of chaining abilities together, which will cause a dps loss. You'll know when to cast your ability as you character grunts and raises the duel weapons into the air.

When your 15 second buffs (Flames, Cloak, and Trap), wind up a heavy attack right as it ends to allow for the last tick of the ability to go off and then cast it. You can do this easily by charging your heavy attack at the last second its up. Don't worry about getting it all the time, but it is something to keep in mind. Even if you refresh the ability before it expires, you'll lose very little dps.

When Molten Armaments is about to expire, you need to heavy attack and refresh it. This ability it a huge source of dps and is crucial to keep up 100% of the time, so a little overlap is fine.

As for Shrouded Daggers, you want to use this between every heavy attack to keep the Major Brutality buff up as well to animation cancel into another heavy attack. As I said earlier, the heavy attack will fully charge and cancel the last part of it's animation when you cast an ability mid way through it.

With all of that, you should be able to pull around 22,000 dps in single target! Heavy attack builds are odd in that they tend to glitch often, so practicing helps alot. Just keep in mind: tape down your M1 button :^]
Edited by Panda_iMunch on March 9, 2017 10:18PM
Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
Twitch: Pandalius
Beam: Pandalius
Twitter: Pandalius
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are either crazy or a genius...
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭

After doing City of Ash a couple hundred times, it's definitely on the edge of questionable :^]
    Yeetus that fetus

• Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After doing City of Ash a couple hundred times, it's definitely on the edge of questionable :^]

I mean, I like the idea of what you presented, however, relying on heavy attacks and pet damage for DK is difficult for me to wrap my head around. Cool idea though, sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean, I like the idea of what you presented, however, relying on heavy attacks and pet damage for DK is difficult for me to wrap my head around. Cool idea though, sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

The thing that makes it possible is that 65% extra damage stacked on top with sunderflame, adds a huge amount penetration as well uses that DW passive that allows for two heavy attacks at a time!
    Also, thanks for commenting too!
    Edited by Panda_iMunch on March 9, 2017 11:41PM
    Yeetus that fetus

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm! I love new ideas, and I like this!

I may steal your idea and try it on one of my sorcs. Daedric Prey buffs Mork really well.

What do you prefer backbar? Bow for range or 2H or even SnB?

Also, do you feel Maw has a higher uptime to the big clannfear?
    Edited by Waffennacht on March 10, 2017 9:46PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hrm! I love new ideas, and I like this!

I may steal your idea and try it on one of my sorcs. Daedric Prey buffs Mork really well.

What do you prefer backbar? Bow for range or 2H or even SnB?

Also, do you feel Maw has a higher uptime to the big clannfear?

The sorc variant may work as well, but you may have to sacrifice some of your sustain to keep you Deadric Prey mark up!

For backbar, it's all up to you as no weapon abilities are there. You could just keep another DW Morkuldin weapons to keep the buff up, just switching in a bow to add a DoT could work as well.

For Maw, he is up quite frequently and never messed with the rotation, as well as actually does damage. The Clannfear only does about 126 dps compared to Maw 1,000+. So even if Maw was up 10x less than Clannfear, it would still do more as well as not get stuck in random areas a lot. :^]
    Yeetus that fetus