The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound Distortion

sue.whinhillub17_ESO
I have a problem with the sound becoming distorted and crackly / fuzzy. It seems to affect all the various channels (music, ambient, voice, etc.).

I'm not sure when exactly this first started (within the last month or so) but it only affects ESO. It appears to be random and sometimes I can go for hours without it happening - I have not been able to isolate anything that triggers it. If I quit out of the game and restart the problem goes, but can reappear at any time, which is rather inconvenient.

Any ideas?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ideas to help, but it happens to me periodically as well. If it doesn't resolve on its own I just relog maybe repair game files.
  • sue.whinhillub17_ESO
    I always forget about the repair function! Doh! I'll run that and see if it helps.

Thanks!