Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Doing something very wrong with my templar rotation.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is very annoying, had an templar alt who I took to 50 and cp258 as I understod they should be easy to play.
Magic 32176, spell damage 1623, weapon damage 1415, spell crit 75.6% weapon 32,5%
Gear is Jullianos, and mother sorrow, divine +magic enchants on gear, magic recovery on jewelry, armor is purple with purple enchants, jewelry is blue.
Gold lightning staff with +weapon ans spell power on front, gold fire with fire enchant on back.
Blue food, no other buffs.

Using mostly Delias rotation with inner light on both bars,
puncturing sweep as spamable, dark flare as ranged as its behave like sweep in rotation, radiant opression executable, sun shield. inner light
Back bar is blasting spear,, unstable wall of fire, reflecting light, radiant aura, inner light
Start off with radiant aura, drop the three DoT, switch to front do three sweps with light attacks with ainmation canceling, back and do DoT, then repeat,

DPS is around 10500, problem is that with just spamming puncturing sweep I get 9500 and much better suitability,
this is without execute and ultimate.
Honestly I have tried with an macro for the back bar switch, laying down dots and back again and it don't help much and I loose the radiant aura then needed.

Just the back bar DoT alone do around 6.5k dps. problem is that then laying down them I can only do half as many sweeps so they only do a bit over 4k dps so the math makes sense.
I don't weave light attacks during the back bar except the first time, is this the issue?

Thinking of going back to the old leveling setup but with one single target and one group bar.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    Drop mother's sorrow, get burning spellweave. Go DW double sharpened sword front bar and destro back bar. Your spell damage is seriously too low. Get alliance skill guard if possible for the added crit damage.
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, BSW is better and something I working on. DW swords should help too, mostly that making two mage set sword gold is expensive.
    This should increase dps with an two-three thousands I estimate.

However my main problem is the rotation, a bit why not just spam sweeps like an bot.
    On Sorc the backbar DoT has an huge effect, but the spamable is far weaker.

Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • azfardajiwang
    azfardajiwang
    ✭✭
    My rotation is unstable wall of fire, shards, reflective light(sometimes i skip if there's more than 6/7 mobs), sweeps. I notice that it will animation cancel if u do wall>shards. Plus, I don't rely on radiant aura for sustain. So, that is not on my rotation. My regen is at 1.4k. I can sustain well and if I'm low in resources, I just grab a pot.

Also, get the grothdar set when you have 5pc bsw and julianos. It add lots of dps from the dots. Gold swords are nice to have. But, don't worry too much on it yet
    Natalia Irisa ★ Magicka Templar ★ Daggerfall Convenant ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★ Crowned Emperor 060617
    Nate The Bait ★ Magicka Templar ★ Aldmeri Dominion ★ The Kelly Gang ★ Vivec PVP ★
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that you can cancel wall with shards is interesting, will test that out.
    it would reduce time on back bar a lot.

Aura last an long time and is something I use only then needed as in low on magic.