Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Graphics card

Head.hunter
Head.hunter
✭✭✭

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with loading times and lag in mostly pvp scenarios. When a large group of players shows up the battle is terribly slow and I die before I even know what's happening. I believe the problem is my graphics card:

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

I use a MacOS Sierra.

Should I upgrade my graphics card, and how?

Thanks
I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That card should be upgraded, but just know it won't solve all your PvP lag issues.

As for what to upgrade, google the make and model of your Mac and "Compatible Video Cards" to see what you can install in the machine. Then, if you have lots of choices, get last years near top of the line. It will cost 1/3 of today's top of the line, and give you 90% of the performance.

It's one thing to spend some money on smart upgrades, it's another to throw money away chasing the state of the art.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. How much money are we talking?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    but just know it won't solve all your PvP lag issues
    The lag is server side. No amount of money thrown at your computer will help with that.
    dry.gif

• Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    Damn. I was hoping there was a way to get it to run as smoothly as it does on console. My friend just bought eso for his xbox and there is 0 lag, even in pvp. I'm just kind of confused because most players don't seem to experience my level of lag.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a mobile card so upgrading might be hard if even possible. What frames per second are you getting? You can enable frames per second and ping/latency via in game settings.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it's a laptop or iMac no luck. Most modern laptops but especially macs use integrated gpu. I use a 2011 MacBook Pro and I play from se asia on na servers so I'm no stranger to lag. Things that help: LAN vs wifi can be better or at least more stable. Addons, a lot of them cause a ton of lag. Fyrakins mini map is one of the biggest offenders and I suggest you delete it and use Votans. FTC is also fairly laggy, LUI is better. Also disable and guild store addons such as MM, in fact disable all in needed addons before pvp. Low graphics it's a fact of life. I play pvp on minimum or sometimes low settings with the sub sampling at medium it sucks but that's mobile macs for you. Upgrade RAM and switch to a SSD or SSHD. Get a program like Clean My Mac (beware of the counterfeit one) which you can get in the App Store. It removes a ton of junk files, and consolidates DNS flushes, repair disk permission and weekly scripts into one place. It's very good and will not harm your files, of course always have a backup. Powercycle your router and make sure all settings are conducive to playing.
    Edited by Vapirko on March 10, 2017 4:19AM