Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quick question on how surveys from writs stack/work?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
Not picked up a survey for a long time (since before 1T) but I noticed they stack now. Eg Deshan blacksmith survey x 2 in your inventory.

So how does this work? If I walk upto it loot it, will both surveys be used? Or just 1? Or do I pick up, run away and then the other survey show up?

Also it's crazy how many different survey locations there are, must have over 20+ separate ones so far... another inventory headache.

Thanks for any answers.
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the one survey will be used, and it goes away on the first node harvested. And, until you take all the nodes, it will not reset the survey location.

You do need to move away to the next cell (basically go far enough away that you can't see the survey location for most surveys) and then come back for the next survey to populate.

Until you take the first node, the map stays in your inventory.
    Edited by Nestor on March 9, 2017 3:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you reach survey location, all nodes spawn, and one of maps in your inventory disappear. You pick up all 6, go away (usually not too far, like 10 seconds of sprint, but depend on location) and you can return and harvest second time.
    Answer ✓
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Just the one survey will be used, and it goes away on the first node harvested. And, until you take all the nodes, it will not reset the survey location.

You do need to move away to the next cell (basically go far enough away that you can see the survey location for most surveys) and then come back for the next survey to populate.

Until you take the first node, the map stays in your inventory.

Ok thanks for the info dude.
    Really great that they stack now, just a shame there's so many different locations.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red