Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Incapacitating strike or soul harvest?

Shroom
Shroom
✭✭
Which one should I morph?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul Harvest for pve, in cap for PvP.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul harvest is designed to be used by magic toons, incap strike by stamina. Note the type of damage they do...disease scales off your max stam, magic off your max magic.

However, soul harvest is one of a handful of skills in the game that offers something that's really quite distinct - 6 ultimate per kill. That's huge. On my stamblade, I've moved on to other ultimates to replace incap strike. The dual ultimate is an amazing replacement. So for this character, because I was never using incap strikes, I put it back to soul harvest to use as an ultimate generator.

And if you're a magblade...soul harvest is amazing. Put it on your attack bar to generate ultimate, then put the strongest ultimatemyou have on your back bar. Ka boom.
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Soul harvest is designed to be used by magic toons, incap strike by stamina. Note the type of damage they do...disease scales off your max stam, magic off your max magic.

However, soul harvest is one of a handful of skills in the game that offers something that's really quite distinct - 6 ultimate per kill. That's huge. On my stamblade, I've moved on to other ultimates to replace incap strike. The dual ultimate is an amazing replacement. So for this character, because I was never using incap strikes, I put it back to soul harvest to use as an ultimate generator.

And if you're a magblade...soul harvest is amazing. Put it on your attack bar to generate ultimate, then put the strongest ultimatemyou have on your back bar. Ka boom.

I'm a stamblade, so I'm guessing incap is better haha?
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's weird, in cap to me has no use outside of PvP. As a night blade you have many other tools for cc. Ultimate generation though, is something that is more universal, be it Stam or mage blade.

That ultimate can even be part of a rotation since the generation you can get as a Nightblade is superb. Sustain has never been a problem with this class.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Sorry haha, I'm still a bit confused on what to pick?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shroom wrote: »

PvP or PvE?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Shroom
    Shroom
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

PvP or PvE?

Well, I like doing pve and pvp. But probably in end-game I'll mostly doing pvp.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @shroom

As a stamblade you have the "easy option" and the "strategic option"

Easy: incapacitating. It's does 5x the damage as soul harvest. It's cheap, and you'll have an ultimate to use every ten minutes or so. Tip - learn to weave light attacks into your combat. This is a primary generator of ultimate.

Strategic: there are powerful, but more expensive ultimates, especially in the weapon lines. (Which you likely don't have yet). Soul harvest on a stamblade is a way to turn thenslot into a mega-ultimate generator. Put soul,harvest on your attack bar and the powerful ultimate on the back. Soul harvest will charge things so that you'll be firing off the other ultimate every two minutes.

As a newer player, incapacitating is probably your best bet. But remember the strategic option...it might come in useful someday and if you do obtain an ultimate you want to charge faster, you might decide to undo the morphs and change it.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

PvP or PvE?

Well, I like doing pve and pvp. But probably in end-game I'll mostly doing pvp.

I'd honestly level them both up (I do have them both leveled actually) but you'll probably want to start with Incap since you'll actually use it. I use Soul Harvest basically as a passive buff to ultimate regen.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA