Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New Player

AngryRagePanda
AngryRagePanda
Soul Shriven
Okay so I'm a now player. Sort of. I played a lot when it came out but because I had no friends I dropped out. I have recently gotten back into it. I know how all the mechanics work, except alchemy and enchanting because I haven't explored that yet. I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing. Like what am I supposed to do? Should I accept every single quest? Only do the main? Run dungeons??? Idk and I don't want to drop out again
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have moved this thread over to the Players Helping Players forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you havent already i would suggest doing all the quests you can. They are pretty intresting the first time they give xp and gear to help you through. The main quests will give you skill points so those are a must.

Research research research, research everything you can always, even if crafted sets arent as good as dropped sets at the moment that could change and its always nice to be able to craft sets for friends or alts.

Take a break from questing from time to time que for a dungeon they give good xp and a skill point at the end of each one the first time. You also get bonus xp and gear when its your first random dungeon a day.

You really cant go wrong, just play level skills try diffrent skills you can always reset your skill and attribute points so nothing is set in stone even of you think you messed up.

Take your time and enjoy the ride.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so I'm a now player. Sort of. I played a lot when it came out but because I had no friends I dropped out. I have recently gotten back into it. I know how all the mechanics work, except alchemy and enchanting because I haven't explored that yet. I have no idea if I'm doing the right thing. Like what am I supposed to do? Should I accept every single quest? Only do the main? Run dungeons??? Idk and I don't want to drop out again
    First: take a deep breath, and relax. There's much to discuss, so this will be a long post.

A while ago, ZoS revamped the entire game. We're no longer bound by our faction to explore Tamriel. Excluding Cyrodiil, you can go anywhere, at any time, and do whatever you please.

The "MQ" is no longer relevant to complete in order to do Caldwell's Silver and Gold. You can easily complete those areas without them. If you're an achievement hunter, you'll still need to do the MQ in order to unlock G&S, but order is no longer an issue.

Alchemy is pretty straight forward: grab ingredients, mix, and collect exp. Enchanting received a massive overhaul and is now much, much easier to level. Runestones now have a percentage to give out all 3 types, while you're guaranteed at least 2 at each runestone.

There may have been buffs and nerfs on classes, but I don't know what changes were made. It doesn't seem to affect my game since returning over a month ago.

Veteran ranks are gone. At level 50, you'll start earning "Champion Points", which allows you to spend them in the Champion skill tree. There are plenty to forge your character as you'd like.

As far as what to do: Explore! While you don't have to do every quest, the more you do, the more exp you gain. If you're hunting achievements, you need to complete a specific amount of quests or discover locations within an area to unlock various achievements for the area. I always try to go for all of them.

Several dungeons have also been revamped and many will have a new version called "Veteran". These are for top-leveled characters because the difficult is ramped up that low level players will find it impossible to complete, even as a group. Stick with the low level first, then get stronger, and come back to do Vet.

World bosses have gotten tougher as well. These things are tough, and doing them solo is now a challenge (best way to test your skills). It's best to show up with max stats and gear before taking them on. I do so every once in a while just to remain humble of how much I need to go. One hit kills are guaranteed at low levels.

You may want to join a guild or two and make new friends. Most major cities usually have people asking for new members, so check them out. You may be able to find others to group with so you can do public dungeons and trials. I'm still doing solo things, but this will be my first step once I'm done.

The purpose of the game is to have fun. Don't rush everything and just bask in the game. It's huge, especially now that you can go anywhere. You're about to make an investment in a character, so just learn as you go. If you have any other questions, just come back here.

I hope this helps you out. Enjoy the game and have a good day!
    :smile:
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing this game for 2 years and I still don't know what I'm doing :) That dog in Daggerfalls is still chasing me around trying to get me to do some quest :)

If you are on NA/PC friend me @vamp.emily I have 550 players I want you to meet :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)