Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How to sell rare items?

timb16_ESO85
timb16_ESO85
✭✭✭✭
Small question. I recently got an Aetheric Cipher, and am currently trying to sell it. The problem, however, "spamming"zone chat in rawl'kha, craglorn and Stormhaven only results in how i'm underpricing it at 2 mil and how i'm extremely overcharging it because it sold in some random guild for 50k once. Furthermore, since it is so rare, and placed in the extremely awkward trophy category in guild stores, I was wondering if some people had any tips about how to sell this, or should I just keep sending messages in chat every +- 10 mins hoping it sells? (on pc eu if it matters)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zone chat is the only way, the guild store charges too much for the listing fee on high prices items.
    I sell anything over 50k in zone chat exclusively and try to sell 10k+ stuff in both zone chat and guild store.

Ignore the guys that whisper you with what *they* think you should be charging, especially the ones that will link their Master Merchant data as if it was the law of the land.

I had one guy troll me in zone chat posting his own guild store MM price of 2 items sold in 30 days every time i posted a WTS and then whispering me how i would never sell at my asking price.

I sold two of the same item for my asking price within 30 minutes ...
    rolleyes.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on March 7, 2017 6:40PM