Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Advice on playing a nightblade

ErodeTheSoul
ErodeTheSoul
Soul Shriven
How the heck do I play one efficiently using dual wield? I recently decided to pick the game up again, and I've been having fun, but I decided to try a dual wield nightblade after using a sorcerer for a while, and can't seem to do any decent damage with it. I'm even having a lot of trouble taking down elite mobs. Any advice on how to play one and actually do decent damage?
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    How the heck do I play one efficiently using dual wield? I recently decided to pick the game up again, and I've been having fun, but I decided to try a dual wield nightblade after using a sorcerer for a while, and can't seem to do any decent damage with it. I'm even having a lot of trouble taking down elite mobs. Any advice on how to play one and actually do decent damage?

All attributes on Stamina.

5x VO, 5X Nightmother, 2x Kragh. It's important to have legendary weapons with sharpened trait when using this
    build because this focuses on penetrating armor. I think at the moment BIS for stamblade is 5x Twice-Fanged Serpent and 5x VO, but even with this setup you'll do fine.

Skills
    1st bar. Steel tornado, surprise attack, resolving vigor, rearming trap, blood craze - Flawless Dawnbreaker
    2st bar. Arrow Barrage, Caltrops, Siphoning attacks, Poison arrow, Relentless focus - Rent
    I might change blood craze to Killers Blade and Rent on Veil of blades, or Ballista depenting on the situation.

With this setup I hit 31k on dps test on 3m dummy. Getting the critical and damage bonus from the potions
    I can easily do almost all pve content with this.

Feel free to contact for more precise info and if on EU servers maybe some practicing together.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    shack80 wrote: »

All attributes on Stamina.

5x VO, 5X Nightmother, 2x Kragh. It's important to have legendary weapons with sharpened trait when using this
    build because this focuses on penetrating armor. I think at the moment BIS for stamblade is 5x Twice-Fanged Serpent and 5x VO, but even with this setup you'll do fine.

I have stamina glyphs on all of my armors except health glypht on helm. I use health/stam food and shadow mundus.

Skills
    1st bar. Steel tornado, surprise attack, resolving vigor, rearming trap, blood craze - Flawless Dawnbreaker
    2st bar. Arrow Barrage, Caltrops, Siphoning attacks, Poison arrow, Relentless focus - Rent
    I might change blood craze to Killers Blade and Rent on Veil of blades, or Ballista depenting on the situation.

With this setup I hit 31k on dps test on 3m dummy. Getting the critical and damage bonus from the potions
    I can easily do almost all pve content with this.

Feel free to contact for more precise info and if on EU servers maybe some practicing together.

• Godeko
    Godeko
    ✭✭✭
    Im currently running 5xVO, 5xViper, kragh, molag kehena

It works quit well is less grind intensive than going for BIS, which is currently:
    VO,twice fanged, velidreth (Ive read a thread, where its said that at some stages of vma viper outperformes twice fanged).

Furthermore Id always go that siphoning ult for ult generation
    nEdgy(n+2)me

Champion Points: 600+
    Achievement: 18155
    Lvl 50 - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade (RIP in pepperoni)
    Lvl 50 - High Elf Magicka Scorcerer
    Lvl 50 - Breton Magicka Templar (RIP in piece)

First VMA: 22.02.17
    First Flawless: 17.03.17
    Sharpened Inferno: 23.04.17 http://imgur.com/a/uegfw
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    It would help if you all were to explain the acronyms before posting them. Some people have no clue what BIS or VMA means, for example

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • komodozermike
    komodozermike
    ✭✭
    If you are an NB and not using Shadow Cloak, you're doing it wrong.
  • shack80
    shack80
    ✭✭✭
    If you are an NB and not using Shadow Cloak, you're doing it wrong.

For pve it's quite useless, for pvp it's a must
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭

I've been leveling one and NightBlade (NB) is definitely different. He is very squishy, as in can die easily. I murder monsters with sorcerer, no problem.

I suggest you check out Deltia's guide for NB just a reference. I struggle with it, but I'm learning. Once I "get it", I will then experiment with other "builds" depending on what I want the NB to be good at.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErodeTheSoul The thread seems to have gotten off topic.

I'm a bit confused about the question because dual wield on nightblades is kinda all damage. Usually it's the attack bar, and starts with some NB staples...killers blade, surprise attack. Maybe ambush. From the dual line bloodthirst is great dps. Blood craze is a good ability. Honestly, I've grown tired of whirling blades...I personally have swapped that out for shrouded daggers. Shrouded just sends my dps through the roof...and with my play style it outperforms whirling.

I mean...it's true that sorcs have been given some ridiculous dps. So that might be a part of it. But I'm not sure how you play or what content, or what CP rank you are...maybe if you have some more specifics we can troubleshoot why the dps seems low.