The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ding, ding, ding. Round 5, place your bets

PlaceboSoul
PlaceboSoul
✭✭✭
So, I'm going to cheat and use the downtime from last night for reference, I'm going to say tonight downtime will be 10pm EST.

Place your bets for time slots folks
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I'm going to cheat and use the downtime from last night for reference, I'm going to say tonight downtime will be 10pm EST.

Place your bets for time slots folks

Come back to Rogues bro!!! :)
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Birdy :)

Unfortunately, after 6 months still have no voice chat. Can't hear anyone on my main account, if I start a secondary gamer tag and new account, no one can hear me. Strange issue, ZOS still has no idea how to fix.

Odd that one account I can hear, the other I can't speak lol. Thought it was maybe my xbox, but got a new one s, still have same issue.

Thought I'd come back and putter around solo hehe, but 5 down times since Friday night now, seems all the performance issues are not only still present, but worse.

Good news is though, I'm still old, cynical and ...well that's it hehe.

I switched ISPs to try to fix it too, still no joy. Good to see ya
  • USMC_VetGraham
    Try a new mic
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Replaced my turtle beach with another (rip off artists $350 a pop). I've turned everything I can think of inside out with no success. New mic, new Xbox, new isp (forwarded/opened everything appropriate manually).

From what they tell me (few grains of salt over my shoulder) ZOS has thoroughly looked into their end as well.
    I spent over a week troubleshooting with them in the end of summer.

On that note though, if anyone else has any ideas what it could be, I'd be appreciative.

I've also tried all the voice chat troubleshoot ideas, turning controller off/on, starting Xbox chat and exiting, etc.

Really frustrating, hard to get the really good toys solo in a mmo hehe :)
  • jdminton
    jdminton
    It might be a long shot PlaceboSoul, but try logging out of Xbox Live within ESO and relog in.
  • rivenjr
    rivenjr
    ✭✭✭
    Does party chat work? Does your chat work ok on other games?
    Xbox ONE Day One
    Server - Xbox NA
    Internal Storage Only

PVP COLLISION PROPONENT
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox live chat works fine, as does chat in other games. Need the hardy boys up in this mother.

@jdminton I'll give that a try, actually haven't tried that one before :). If it works I'll owe you a coke and a smile
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox live chat works fine, as does chat in other games. Need the hardy boys up in this mother.

Check your social permission on your xbox, there was an update last year that meant that the game started looking at the xbox's social settings for the in game chat, so if you had your xbox set on say only friends can talk to you it would stop in game chat from working. change all to public and give it a try.

The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    @jdminton well, gave it a shot signing out in game, also tried having my secondary profile and switched to it and still voice not working. Was worth a try though, thanks for the suggestion.

@jcmlongb16_ESO I went in this morning to confirm everything was setup correctly, I have everything set to public or everyone, actually went through the entire settings menu just to be sure something wasn't stealth updated or had new options. So my console settings are now confirmed not to be the problem.

I've also tried the other voice chat issue fixes, ie turning off the controller, starting and then leaving party chat. With all I've tried it has to be something weird or obscure. Tried another bout with support, and as usual they are zero help, 3/4 of the time they don't read the ticket, and give me a cut/paste response to something that isn't my issue. Idiots.

Anyway, it is very clear that the only help I'm going to get is not from ZOS but the community. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be happy to try anything at this point, this issue has persisted since June 2016.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    Next thing i would try is taking your xbox to a mates house and seeing if it works on their connection or tether it via your mobile using a hot spot, from my experience standard iPhone setting work fine.

If that doesn't work see if you can install the game on a friends xbox on their connection to see if it works when they and/or you can get it to work.

Also when you are doing this ensure that you are not in a party.

I presume you have tried uninstalling the game, deleting local data, restarting (from settings) then installing the game again? If you haven't then it would be worth giving that a go in case a random part of the game install has corrupted.
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Did the full uninstall including my profile from Xbox, reinstalled both back onto console, did it again last night, just trying to test it out now.

Never tried the hotspot method, I'm hard wired right now, but I'll unplug and try the hotspot, see if that does something.

The mate thing, well I'm autistic with aspd and OCPD, so really don't have a lot of real world buddies. Gf (don't ask me how, it's a mystery to me :)) but she lives with me now.

Hopefully one of the first two work something out.

@jcmlongb16_ESO thx for the suggestions. Crossing my fingers.
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭
    @PlaceboSoul Got my fingers crossed for you too buddy!

If you can find a 3 day xbox live pass you could also try setting up a second account to see if that works, if it does you know its an account issue not network.

Do you play on EU or NA server?

• PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, tried the hotspot and tested after reinstalling the game. Same issue.

@jcmlongb16_ESO oddly, I do have a second account, and on that account the issue is the opposite.

On main account, I'm heard but can't hear others.

On second account, I'm not heard but can hear others.

That's what makes the issue so weird. It's obviously tied to my account somehow, or at least how it interacts with eso, since I chat fine in Xbox chat and other games.

I'm on the NA server, I do have characters on the EU server too though, from back in the dark times when servers went down a lot hehe. NA is where all my mains are though.

I've pretty much exhausted support now too again, seems they don't have any more ideas for me.

All of this started literally right after the update in summer 2016, from the first time I logged in after that update. I didn't change anything in my setup from before the update, so I am led to believe my issue is at least partly connected to something in the code of that update. Although ZOS like many game companies feels pretty strongly the issue isn't on their end. I think something in that update doesn't jive with my particular isp, hardware and headset setup. Yet, I know other people have turtle beach headsets and have no issues. Very frustrating.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions, if you think of anything else (or anyone else Redding this) let me know, I'd be very appreciative for sure.
  • Lordlevi
    Lordlevi
    I havent had voice chat since 2015.... 6 months is easy...Zos patch it fix it... something
    Edited by Lordlevi on March 3, 2017 5:27AM
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    Lordlevi wrote: »
    I havent had voice chat since 2015.... 6 months is easy...Zos patch it fix it... something

You are actually the first other person I've heard of that has a long term issue with chat. Is yours similar to mine or different?

I made a 2nd account to test.

On main account, people can hear me, I can't hear others

On 2nd account, people can't hear me, I can hear others

It's weird as hell, but at least between the two I can show my audio works and my mic works in the game. They just don't work together for whatever reason.

Is your issue similar?
  • Lordlevi
    Lordlevi
    I had it for PlayStation 4 and my voice chat was fine. But on Xbox it just doesn't work I thought it was my router settings but I got a new router and my nat type is open and all my ports are open and it still doesn't work... I just think zos need to fix it.
    Edited by Lordlevi on March 3, 2017 6:58AM
  • Lordlevi
    Lordlevi
    My in game chat only worked for a week and then it was gone this was after the game launched... I posted my complaints in the forums and zos never got back to me ... and when they did it was the same bull crap ...
  • PlaceboSoul
    PlaceboSoul
    ✭✭✭
    My current round of support ticket fun is still active. Just answered a bunch of questions this morning, hopefully they come back with something that helps the issue. I directed them specifically to the update when I lost my chat. Hopefully it works out.
  • jdminton
    jdminton
    Hey @PlaceboSoul I just saw a new post regarding a person in chat that can't be heard. I thought you might like to know for problem solving or just solidarity.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/327674/voice-chat#latest