Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Purchasing the console version. Can I use the same account?

daza1978
daza1978
✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm planning on purchasing the console version of ESO. Can I use my account (PC version) to play the console version? I'm not looking to transfer anything, as I will be starting a new character? Do I just redeem the code from the console version into my account? Or do I need a second account?

Many thanks
An MMO player since 2003. A new adventure awaits in Tamriel.Warden - PC EU.
  • Meryyl
    Meryyl
    ✭✭✭
    I did the opposite. I started on PS4 - then went to PC. In my case, I needed a new account because the other was tied directly to my PSN. My guess is you will have the same issue going the other way.
    Police Detective: “Why did you shoot him, Marlowe?”
    Phillip Marlowe: “There was a lot of killing going on and I wasn’t getting my fair share.”
  • daza1978
    daza1978
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks,

So it sounds like I might require an additional account for the console version.

Edit: Just found the following at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/xboxaccountfaq

'If you want to play The Elder Scrolls Online on the Xbox One, you will be prompted to create a new ESO account (or link to an existing one) directly from the console'

'If you already have an ESO account, you will be able to log in using your existing ESO UserID and password after your have linked your Xbox Live and ESO accounts by following the on-screen prompts during setup.'

So maybe I can use the same account for both console and PC?
    Edited by daza1978 on March 5, 2017 1:07PM
    An MMO player since 2003. A new adventure awaits in Tamriel.Warden - PC EU.
  • Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    Interested in this as well, was pretty sure the transfer from PC to console thing was limited time, but I'm interested in if it is still possible