Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Question regarding Physical Collectors Edition Morrowind

nimander99
nimander99
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
On the Bethesda site is says ship date is the 6th of June, which is the Launch Date.

If I buy the Physical Collector's Edition will I have access to the digital download on Launch Date for Morrowind or will I have to wait until the package arrives?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ? Or any players that may have the answer to that question?
I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
"Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
"moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
"MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
"MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
"MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
"MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
"MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
"MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
"MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
"MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That version uses a physical disc to authenticate your Morrowind access. Therefore, there's no code and you won't be able to access the expansion until you have that disc.

Some stores will ship items like this so that they're delivered on release day. Amazon is probably the best bet, but GameStop might do this as well for this release.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon typically ships with enough lead time that the games arrive on release day. At least every game I have ordered has arrived on release day. Not sure if Gamestop does it the same way.

TBH, it is sometimes good to avoid the first day or three of a new expansion. Wrothgar was so crowded that I barely got a hit in on bosses and had to wade through throngs of people to find quest givers. Thieves was worse, sneaking through a delve with 50 other people was kind of weird. This content was better a week later once the initial surge was over.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, so I have to take a chance that there will be a copy at Gamestop on release day... I find this to be poor planning.

They should provide a digital code the moment you purchase the Physical Edition.

I want this on my shelf right next to my original box.

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Amazon typically ships with enough lead time that the games arrive on release day. At least every game I have ordered has arrived on release day. Not sure if Gamestop does it the same way.

TBH, it is sometimes good to avoid the first day or three of a new expansion. Wrothgar was so crowded that I barely got a hit in on bosses and had to wade through throngs of people to find quest givers. Thieves was worse, sneaking through a delve with 50 other people was kind of weird. This content was better a week later once the initial surge was over.

Yeah, I hear ya on that, but the Bethesda site itself say the projected ship date is June 6th... I don't want to order from Amazon or Gamestop, I prefer to do business with the source of a product. In this case, Bethesda.net