The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Xbox No CP Week impressions

montiferus
montiferus
✭✭✭✭✭
Here are my initial impressions based on running in Scourge and Haderus....

1. A lot more people are PVPing! This is a good thing. If more people PVP the more attention it will get from ZOS.
2. No CP is better than CP. It is much easier to kill people now. These *** no-damage unkillable players are practically non-existent. The BOL spammers can't spam BOL either. Overall the game seems way more balanced now that you have to actually think about sustain. Fights are a lot quicker now as they should be.
3. The lag hasn't improved much. My game crashed every hour or so yesterday. I was also having a trouble using abilities, everything seemed very delayed.
4. There is less small group play. Most fights were very large scale. This could be due to the amount of newbies playing but the zergs from all factions were large. This is a bad thing that I hope will settle down once the 2x AP event is over.
5. Ganking is gone. I played for at least 6 hours and did not get ganked a single time. Easily a new record. Where did the gankers go?
6. The fighting has spread out more. I definitely saw fighting in areas that are typically dead. In my opinion this is a good thing as the fighting was just too concentrated before.
7. It seems like running solo is going to be very hard. I think this is a bad thing as solo players should have their place in the game. To be fair I think running solo in CP was pretty tough too.

Based on this I think I will be switching to Azura's star after this week is over. I think no CP makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play.

I would like to get the Xbox community's thoughts on this.
Edited by montiferus on March 3, 2017 5:29PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You pretty much nailed it.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On EU just the volume of players and action has been sweet. All so varied as well.

Like all the cool recent events it revitalises an area of the game.

Have enjoyed no CP, unsure I've done much better but you are right the hardcore nerver die guys seemed less apparent.

Love events, hope they keep them up.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying PvP a lot more without CP, it would be nice if it was just left like this permanently.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well im glad we as a community have found out that a LOT of people enjoy the no CP play! I personally do not enjoy it at all.

I accually think that i dissagree with you on your stance to "unkillable" builds. I think that things were fine the way they were. A templar spamming BoL was accually less defensive than when i was playing my full divines medium armor build. Shuffle and dodge roll mechanic kept me alive far longer, and i was able to escape faster and more often. Ive seen bubble sorcs fare better than my heavy armor, mists spamming bol smashing templar.

Anyway im glad so many players enjoy it, it will ease the burden on TF server i would hope when many of these players shift to AZ
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and BTW this no CP thing has accually thrown balance out the window. It is a direct nerf to my magplars BOL strength, my defense in heavy that i rely on through mitigations and getting hit. Whereas medium users can still dodge roll as effectively, although yeah less, dodge roll itself has not been rendered almost useless
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

1. A lot more people are PVPing! This is a good thing. If more people PVP the more attention it will get from ZOS.
    2. No CP is better than CP. It is much easier to kill people now. These *** no-damage unkillable players are practically non-existent. The BOL spammers can't spam BOL either. Overall the game seems way more balanced now that you have to actually think about sustain. Fights are a lot quicker now as they should be.
    3. The lag hasn't improved much. My game crashed every hour or so yesterday. I was also having a trouble using abilities, everything seemed very delayed.
    4. There is less small group play. Most fights were very large scale. This could be due to the amount of newbies playing but the zergs from all factions were large. This is a bad thing that I hope will settle down once the 2x AP event is over.
    5. Ganking is gone. I played for at least 6 hours and did not get ganked a single time. Easily a new record. Where did the gankers go?
    6. The fighting has spread out more. I definitely saw fighting in areas that are typically dead. In my opinion this is a good thing as the fighting was just too concentrated before.
    7. It seems like running solo is going to be very hard. I think this is a bad thing as solo players should have their place in the game. To be fair I think running solo in CP was pretty tough too.

Based on this I think I will be switching to Azura's star after this week is over. I think no CP makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play.

TBH a lot of those unkillables and gankers are stuck inside Azura or thornblade probably even right now trading outposts with other factions. Most big names (except for e-thug) are boosting up pvp ranks by afking inside of an outpost.

I feel like many others on xbox that the lag has gotten even worse with no cp not to mention nothing can render in.

Pvp is alright but its reverted to big zergs since most average players can't solo or small group without cp. I can still 1vx but it's really hard with limited resources especially if poisons are involved.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ganking isn't gone, it's just as easy to gank in no CP as with CP.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guards at the resources are op now lol. I'm also finding it incredibly difficult to kill multiple heavy armor players. Especially if one has resource poisons. They eventually wear out my resources just because of how tanky they are
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problems with resource poisons and proc sets got worse with no CP. Other than those two things, I like it a lot.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

1. Or maybe it's just the fact that they just removed some campaigns
    2. People are definitely easier to kill with no CP. Me personally I like to have CP, and I'm sure others do, but I can manage this week without it.
    3. Yea Cyrodiil is pretty much still the same as it is without CP, so people need to stop blaming it.
    4/5. There's a few gankers here and there, but yea not as many as before. I'm not so sure about small groups disappearing. I still see small/medium sized groups going against big zergs like STS or glowglow's zerg in Scourge.
    6. Cyrodiil seems pretty much the same
    7. Not if you zerg surf, but I'll say yes and no to it being harder to play solo. Not having CP means you'll definitely need to be better at resource management, and you're a lot easier to kill, but people are easier to kill and really need CP just to play.

I noticed that siege weapons are definitely more effective. A large group went onto a flag and I fired my fire balista and it definitely took a big chunk out the big group's health and I even killed 3 of them in the process.

I'll definitely try out azura's star. I'll move either my DC or AD character in there and play every now and then.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.