Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Provisioning Writ Changes 1T

montiferus
montiferus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I picked up my writ and it requested something called Khenarthi's Wings Chai. I probably have over 500 recipes yet somehow I do not have this one. I looked into it and it turns out it is a V5 recipe so there is no chance I can get this with the 1T update as I am max level.

I figured ok ill just purchase one in a trader. Turns out nobody has this recipe for sale. This is the kind of stuff that is incredibly frustrating. I basically have no ability to do this writ anytime this recipe comes up.

I think a lot of good has come from the 1T release but this is the sort of thing that has to be fixed.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy writ recipes from a brewer (drinks) / chef (food) vendor but a trader would be cheaper if you can find it.

Update: posted grocer list in error. New link to vendors in writ towns.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on November 14, 2016 9:15PM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically now, you need 18 items for top tier provisioning. You used to just need the 6 covering CP150 food, now, I guess they coded to look at what you unlock at rank 6, rather than most 'top tier' so now you need CP50,100,150 recipes, 3 drink, 3 food per tier. Ugly if you a hoarder like me.

Where's that bank / bag / capacity sale coming I hear you say?? Aye I'm waiting tooooo
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you benevolent I will check when I get home. SO it will have V5 recipes?
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS - Benevloent your website it awesome!! Well done.
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    So basically now, you need 18 items for top tier provisioning. You used to just need the 6 covering CP150 food, now, I guess they coded to look at what you unlock at rank 6, rather than most 'top tier' so now you need CP50,100,150 recipes, 3 drink, 3 food per tier. Ugly if you a hoarder like me.

Where's that bank / bag / capacity sale coming I hear you say?? Aye I'm waiting tooooo

I only need 12 personally, 6 in 50cp and 6 in 150cp, have not come across a request for any cp100 yet in the past few weeks. The cp50 recipes were sold by chefs and brewers as stated above but had to pay a lot. I still think its a glitch as why have a top tier provisioner and not do the top tier writs maximizing potential for recipe fragments and purple ingredients, but gave up waiting on a fix.

Muthseras remorse
    Markarth Mead
    Hagravens tonic

Sipping Imga tonic
    Khenarthi's chai tea
    Arenthian brandy

lilmonth garlic hagfish
    hearty garlic corn chowder
    firsthold fruit and cheese plate

fresh apples and eidar cheese
    pickled carrot slurry
    argonian saddle cured rabbit

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the list @summitxho , I started doing the writs again last night and wanted to make a bulk supply for my characters. I did a few a writs a couple of weeks ago and have only seen them request CP50 and CP150 recipes.

It is a shame that if we want our characters to have a ready supply for provisioning writs, we now need 12 slots on every character doing the writs simply for provisioning. If I want 6 characters doing provisioning writs I either have to have 72 slots account wide (12 on each character) holding a supply of food, or 12 slots in the bank for a supply and then go to the bank every day to get what I need.

Considering you do not have to make them with each character, it should treat any in the bank as a completed recipe instead of making it so you have to have them on you. This is how it treats the supplies of alchemy and enchanting ingredients you hand in for writs when you have a crafting bag - they are in the bag rather than in your characters inventory.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Thanks for the list @summitxho , I started doing the writs again last night and wanted to make a bulk supply for my characters. I did a few a writs a couple of weeks ago and have only seen them request CP50 and CP150 recipes.

It is a shame that if we want our characters to have a ready supply for provisioning writs, we now need 12 slots on every character doing the writs simply for provisioning. If I want 6 characters doing provisioning writs I either have to have 72 slots account wide (12 on each character) holding a supply of food, or 12 slots in the bank for a supply and then go to the bank every day to get what I need.

Considering you do not have to make them with each character, it should treat any in the bank as a completed recipe instead of making it so you have to have them on you. This is how it treats the supplies of alchemy and enchanting ingredients you hand in for writs when you have a crafting bag - they are in the bag rather than in your characters inventory.

That would save me a heck of a lot of trips to the bank, I would love to see that happen.
  • zekeElite
    zekeElite
    ✭✭
    Just an added requirement that nobody asked for. I have stopped doing the prov writs all together.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenevolentBowd

Thank you so much you were right!!! They had it at a brewer (1,350 gold which seems like a lot). I can now go back to the writs. My apologies for making it sound like this recipe was impossible to get. I didn't realize you can now get green recipes from vendors.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So are they gonna fix this or is it intended? Would really like to know if this change was on purpose @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom because it's still going on.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great question @UltimaJoe777. In the times of maxed out bags, banks and carrying bags 6 slots doesn't seem alot but its annoying.

I wonder why they made the change, I assume its a bug/mistake. I'm sure several will say to drive bag upgrades' / craft bag value etc. But I'm sure it's an oversight.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great question @UltimaJoe777. In the times of maxed out bags, banks and carrying bags 6 slots doesn't seem alot but its annoying.

I wonder why they made the change, I assume its a bug/mistake. I'm sure several will say to drive bag upgrades' / craft bag value etc. But I'm sure it's an oversight.

For me it's not about the space but about the stacks of food/drinks I made for writs in advance sitting there rotting because they aren't getting turned in, and I have to make the stuff I shouldn't have to each and every time they're required because I keep hoping it'll get fixed and I won't have to make THEM in advance too, and probably about the time I DO decide to make a stack of them is when it gets fixed -_-
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on December 4, 2016 1:39AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

Well actually just like alchemy and ench you have to make any items (glyph, potion, food, drink) by the charscter doing the writ, but any ingredients are craft baggie shareable. The diff is provisioning doesnt require ingredients like the others do.

I suppose to grant your wish they could add an additional requirement for ingredients on top of the foods/drinks and then you would have craft bag in use for that part.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know Zenimax, silence isn't always golden... ANSWER US DAMN IT!!
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the PC (no console xp), Alchemy and Provisioning writ items can be made in bulk and used by any of your characters. In fact, I have turned writs in where the character has not even learned the recipes.

However, you are leveling crafters, it is better to make the writing items on the character turning in writs for more inspiration.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on the PC, Cookery Wiz will auto withdraw banked Foods and Drinks for Writs, just by walking into the bank. I would prefer to just use up 6 slots like all other writs, but it is a way around having to carry 12 on each top end character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

I only need 12 personally, 6 in 50cp and 6 in 150cp, have not come across a request for any cp100 yet in the past few weeks. The cp50 recipes were sold by chefs and brewers as stated above but had to pay a lot. I still think its a glitch as why have a top tier provisioner and not do the top tier writs maximizing potential for recipe fragments and purple ingredients, but gave up waiting on a fix.

Muthseras remorse
    Markarth Mead
    Hagravens tonic

Sipping Imga tonic
    Khenarthi's chai tea
    Arenthian brandy

lilmonth garlic hagfish
    hearty garlic corn chowder
    firsthold fruit and cheese plate

fresh apples and eidar cheese
    pickled carrot slurry
    argonian saddle cured rabbit

Wow so all of these are starting to show up.

I went to the vendors and it says I already know them all but I can select them in crafting anymore.

NEVERMIND I didn't realize we had to scrollover now
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 4, 2017 4:02PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Almost the same problem... I had to make a purple food for a master provisioning writ. I found only 1 recipe for sale on a guild trader for 100k... the voucher reward was 2 vouchers... needless to say I abandoned the master writ. The fact that I have played since day 1 and have yet to come across half these purple recipes simply thieving and normal game play 80 hours a week just goes to show how astonishingly bad RNG really is...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sell these recipes to NPCs as they are so common, it's not worth a guild trader slot.