Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Morrowind Question

Yo_Donno
Yo_Donno
✭✭✭
I'm looking to pre-order Morrowind as an upgrade to my copy of ESO that I have now, but I'm really interested in all the "unique collectibles" like the dwarven colossus statue that comes with the physical collectors edition.

I'm willing to pay the extra bit for receiving a second copy of the ESO base game in order to get these collectibles, but what I care about which is unclear is whether if I buy the full physical collector's edition I will still be able to play my old account on the fresh copy of the game. Does anyone have any insight? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've looked all over and I can't find anything that makes it really clear.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit strangely worded but I think I understand what you are asking.

I'm quite sure if you buy physical copy you can just leave the ESO disc in the box and install the Morrowind from it's own disc and add the game code to your account unless it automatically does it. I doubt that they would be stupid enough to somehow bundle the base game and morrowind under the same code. However it is a good question though for those that want the collectibles and therefore is ready to buy physical editions to get them.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same question. I don't remember where I found the answer but, yes if you buy the full collectors edition you will be able to just upgrade your existing game without the need to completely install a new game. And so yes you can continue to use your existing account.
  • Yo_Donno
    Yo_Donno
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks both of you for the help. Guess I know what I'm buying
  • Blake6332
    Blake6332
    ✭✭✭
    Think this may be hijacking a thread here, but it seems the OPs question has been answered, so I will ask anyways.

If I get the collectors edition and upgrade my account, will I be able to give my base ESO game code to a friend? They should really clarify these kinds of questions on their website so they aren't asked on the forums.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blake6332 wrote: »
    Think this may be hijacking a thread here, but it seems the OPs question has been answered, so I will ask anyways.

If I get the collectors edition and upgrade my account, will I be able to give my base ESO game code to a friend? They should really clarify these kinds of questions on their website so they aren't asked on the forums.

Think it goes a bit too detail to try to answer all the question variations. But it depends of course where are you buying and in what form. But basically if you get digital edition from some site or so I assume they will then send you code for base game, collectors stuff and morrowind expansion in that case you could give base code to friend. If you buy directly from ZOS shop then all is tied to your account automatically.

Also might be that with physical edition you will get the game codes separately only game files are in the DVD in which case you could again give the code forward. However as we do not know the real truth how the codes are there is always possibility that one code includes all that is included. Most common way though is to have own code for everything.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]