The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Looking for mod similar to Crafting Writ Assistant but updated

JasonSilverSpring
JasonSilverSpring
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I have been using Crafting Writ Assistant for some time now and really like it, but it has not been updated for Homestead and creates errors every time I interact with a crafting station when I have a master writ quest.

Can anyone suggest a similar add-on that is up to date? I am not really looking for the auto-craft ones, but just one that displays the requirements on the screen as I need them.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    You could try Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

It *can* auto-craft for you, but you can also disable it (I do). I haven't run into any errors with it installed, either, even with 40 or so other addons installed.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft Store does the crafting writ display as well
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    imrilaoi wrote: »
    You could try Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

It *can* auto-craft for you, but you can also disable it (I do). I haven't run into any errors with it installed, either, even with 40 or so other addons installed.

The auto-craft is sweet. The addon is on my list of must haves. You can do all six writs from start to finish in 5 minutes. The only things it doesn't do is cook or make potions, but if you make extras of those when you have to, it's instant when called for.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    I use dolgubons, along with Craftstore and potion maker. Makes writs super easy, especially because potion maker has checkboxes for making potions for quest conditions.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful with the Auto Craft and these Master Writs. If you have not turned it in it may make the items again if you activate the crafting station.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Be careful with the Auto Craft and these Master Writs. If you have not turned it in it may make the items again if you activate the crafting station.

It shouldn't if the item is in your inventory. Have you had this happen? If so, I'll let dolgubon know.
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for these good suggestions. I did not realize you could setup Lazy Writ to not auto-craft. I am trying it out and it seems to work for me so far. The automatic stuff just makes me nervous that it will craft too much or something. And, it sounds like there may be some issues with Master Writs. Hopefully with autocraft disabled I will be safe.

I am also checking out CraftStore. I do like it, but wasted resources before I realized a left-click crafts an item and it seems to prevent furniture preview at least for provisioning and enchanting. I am torn between this and ESO Master Recipe List for the provisioning aspect.

Thanks again for the pointers!
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for these good suggestions. I did not realize you could setup Lazy Writ to not auto-craft. I am trying it out and it seems to work for me so far. The automatic stuff just makes me nervous that it will craft too much or something. And, it sounds like there may be some issues with Master Writs. Hopefully with autocraft disabled I will be safe.

I am also checking out CraftStore. I do like it, but wasted resources before I realized a left-click crafts an item and it seems to prevent furniture preview at least for provisioning and enchanting. I am torn between this and ESO Master Recipe List for the provisioning aspect.

Thanks again for the pointers!

check out Furniture Preview - amazing addon that works anywhere in the UI - esoui.com/downloads/info1622-FurniturePreviewGuildStoresMerchantsInventoryTradeetc.html
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    calia1120 wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

It shouldn't if the item is in your inventory. Have you had this happen? If so, I'll let dolgubon know.

Had this happened with enchant master writ