Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Blueprint Queries

g0dlik3buthumbl3
Where can you acquire blueprints for items like training dummies and crafting stations? Are they purchased, master writ rewards, drops from somewhere?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where can you acquire blueprints for items like training dummies and crafting stations? Are they purchased, master writ rewards, drops from somewhere?

You buy training dummies, crafting stations and attunable crafting stations with writ vouchers (from doing master writs).
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    Ah okay. Is there a menu where I can view what can be purchased, or is there an npc that is selling the stuff for writ vouchers?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blueprints and Patterns and such drop from the same places you find Recipes. So all furniture and containers and mobs have a chance to drop them.

You can buy Dummies and non attunable crafting stations from the Crown Store. Attunable stations are the ones you can set to be a Special Set Crafting Station. The Attunables have to purchased with Vouchers

For in game finished furniture vendors, see this

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Home_Goods_Furnishers

As for Master Writs, you need a well qualified Master Crafter. By that I mean they know almost everything in the craft, all the solvents, all the reagents, all the traits, all or almost all the motifs etc. The more the crafter knows, the better the chance of getting a Master Writ. Being leveled does not mean anything as far as getting Master Writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RTFPN
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • g0dlik3buthumbl3
    Cool, I already have a few master writs, so I'll need to get those done.

I don't want to use crowns, so I'll need to purchase my dummies and attunable crafting stations with writ vouchers. Is it an npc that sells these items for writ vouchers?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Housing & Furnishings lists not only where to find the folks, but also what they sell. You might find it useful. :)

edit: typo
    Edited by Tevalaur on March 2, 2017 8:28PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So that it's clear, target skelly recipes are sold by the master writ vendor for vouchers. The skellies themselves are tradeable and you can buy them off a guild trader. The ones sold in the crown store include Argonian and Khajiiti skeletons which cannot be made in-game.

In addition to what @nestor said, you can buy random, purple furniture recipes for 10 vouchers. This has been by far the best source of purples for me.

I have to disagree with Nestor as to the qualifications for getting master writs. I have done a metric ton of writs, with maxed crafters and crafters that are just leveled to craft level 50 , and although it seems that the rate is slightly higher for max crafters than non-maxed, it's rng and one of my low end crafters has produced the most master writs.

The real difference seems to be in how many vouchers the writ is worth. The low end crafters have not produced anything more than 2 and 5 voucher writs. I think only my maxed or nearly maxed crafters have received the writs giving a significant amount of vouchers (e.g., 17, 55, 78, 102, 168).

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to disagree with Nestor as to the qualifications for getting master writs. I have done a metric ton of writs, with maxed crafters and crafters that are just leveled to craft level 50 , and although it seems that the rate is slightly higher for max crafters than non-maxed, it's rng and one of my low end crafters has produced the most master writs.

The real difference seems to be in how many vouchers the writ is worth. The low end crafters have not produced anything more than 2 and 5 voucher writs. I think only my maxed or nearly maxed crafters have received the writs giving a significant amount of vouchers (e.g., 17, 55, 78, 102, 168).

@Wreuntzylla

There is way too much RNG in this, I have a Master Crafter with all traits known, and most motifs known, and she gets 2 and 5 Voucher writs sparingly, maybe 6 total since this dropped. Nothing else. I have another crafter who is fully leveled, but no traits and not as many motifs and she gets 2 and 5 Voucher Writs, but mostly for Alchemy and Enchanting, but that is due to lack of Trait knowledge I would suspect. My lower end crafters, at least ones doing lower end writs, get nothing for Master Writs, at all. Oh, and that 6 Voucher total, that is across all of these crafters.

Thing is, based on what my lessor crafter gets, my Master Crafter should be swimming in the Vouchers. She gets bupkiss. At the rate I am going now, I will have to do 60 to 150 Master Writs to get the Ebony Motif, and that ain't happening.

People like you see Master Writs that pay off in decent amounts of Vouchers, no matter the level of the writ, people like me never get a Master Writ that will pay off in a decent amount of Vouchers. The ones I do get are not worth doing. And I doubt there is all that much motif knowledge difference between our crafters.

Edited by Nestor on March 2, 2017 9:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"